Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's the best PRS forum

RangerTrace

I agree that SH is ok and I check-out the new threads often just generally only read a few.  

Some of the best information is from local shooting FB groups.  Here in VA there are 2, Mason Dixon and VPRC.  When questions are posted there, the responses are usually informative and knowledgable, plus if you shoot with the groups, the quality of the shooter is known.  

I like the PRN YouTube videos.  

But at the end of the day it is best to have a few local good shooters to be able kick around the ideas, or who will let you shoot their equipment.  Like Hoser/Tom Freeman letting me shoot his fancy AI 300WM at a Raton match.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 7:20 PM, RangerTrace said:

I just purchased my first PRS style rifle and would like to enjoy a forum dedicated to that sort of shooting.  What's your favorite?

Thanks,

Trace

Wow! You posted on this forum to ask what the best forum is to post on???????????????????????????

Isn't that kind of like going into a Chevy dealer and asking them if the new F150's aren't the best truck on the road????????????

Not to mention I'm sure Brian Enos REALLY appreciates that question.

HINT.........................

Don't listen to dopes that are agenda driven or have an axe to grind with whomever they are grinding on at the moment.

Go on whatever forum you want to, read what you want to and take from it what you want to.

Info about rifles, scopes, ammo, reloading doesn't know who you are, it's just info.

2 hours ago, SJMPCC022 said:

Wow! You posted on this forum to ask what the best forum is to post on???????????????????????????

Isn't that kind of like going into a Chevy dealer and asking them if the new F150's aren't the best truck on the road????????????

Don't listen to dopes that are agenda driven or have an axe to grind with whomever they are grinding on at the moment.

Go on whatever forum you want to, read what you want to and take from it what you want to.

Info about rifles, scopes, ammo, reloading doesn't know who you are, it's just info.

This forum is almost exclusively geared toward USPSA and Dillon presses. There are much better forums for any number of other shooting disciplines. 

20 hours ago, Sarge said:

This forum is almost exclusively geared toward USPSA and Dillon presses. There are much better forums for any number of other shooting disciplines. 

That's fine, but this topic is precision rifle.  The USPSA match I shot last Sunday didn't have a precision rifle division.

I would assume it's here because of interest in precision rifle , and I would bet money it wasn't put here to  be a dog or a POS thread on an otherwise quality and informative forum.

At least I bet Mr. Enos didn't intend for it to be second rate. A forum is as good as the people that participate, I think that fore the most part the people her are well informed and helpful.

What takes away from it is dogging another forum because you( I'm not talking about you personally) have a hard on for another forum owner or mods or whatever. Or, very often you were booted off of said forum.

I am on here as well as Snipers Hide and I can say there is a wealth of good info there as well. Carping and bitching makes a person, or the forum they represent look small.

Snipers Hide, and Accurate Shooter are the 2 largest sites.  As other have said, lots of info you can wade through.  After awhile, you can tell who is the keyboard commando, and who has actually shot something at a match.

• 2 weeks later...

Late to the party, but as previously stated SH, Accurate Shooter,  Precision Rifle Blog and Long Range Hunting are the places I usually wind up.  PRS usually evolves or devolves (depending on how you view it) into a reloading game as much as a shooting endeavor in order to maximize performance and save money(lol).  It's easy to put on a tin foil hat and go down that rabbit hole.  

A local DFW resource is http://www.precisionriflehunters.com/run by a fireman who is a great guy, very solid competitor and excellent instructor. 

http://panhandleprecision.com/ is another blog that has detailed info with youtube videos on PRS reloading and informative articles on topics seldom written about-angles, trajectory changes etc.

Edited by Mike H

• 2 weeks later...

Not a forum, but Gavin @ Ultimate Reloader is a great resource https://www.youtube.com/user/gavintoobe

I like SnipersHide for the most part... but I don't "hang out" there. I open it to read specific information about specific products, and that's pretty much it. There are some idiots and a_-holes there, but there are idiots and a_-holes on every forum.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 9:38 AM, avastcosmicarena said:

Not a forum, but Gavin @ Ultimate Reloader is a great resource https://www.youtube.com/user/gavintoobe

I like SnipersHide for the most part... but I don't "hang out" there. I open it to read specific information about specific products, and that's pretty much it. There are some idiots and a_-holes there, but there are idiots and a_-holes on every forum.

Every social media platform has their issues. That is why you will NEVER find me anywhere but on a firearm type of forum.

You want to get into it, go to the political section of some forums. I spent years on one of them, lots of patriots there I have a ton of respect for. Of course, like the big tech forums, the trolls make a living starting s#!t with conservatives. Haven't found any politics on here, that is probably a good thing.

To the original poster, relating to every action you mentioned and most all the rest you didn't, along with barrels and stocks. Every owner of those companies is a regular on SH. If you have a question or concern, post something or PM them, you will hear back. I have found most of those guys( especially the gentleman who owns PVA) willing to put their reputation and word out in a public forum to satisfy their customers.  See if Walmart  will do that!

As I said in my earlier post on this thread, the ones who carp and bitch and put down another specific forum are either keyboard junkies or have been banned for being themselves.

On 8/8/2020 at 9:55 PM, SJMPCC022 said:

Every social media platform has their issues. That is why you will NEVER find me anywhere but on a firearm type of forum.

You want to get into it, go to the political section of some forums. I spent years on one of them, lots of patriots there I have a ton of respect for. Of course, like the big tech forums, the trolls make a living starting s#!t with conservatives. Haven't found any politics on here, that is probably a good thing.

To the original poster, relating to every action you mentioned and most all the rest you didn't, along with barrels and stocks. Every owner of those companies is a regular on SH. If you have a question or concern, post something or PM them, you will hear back. I have found most of those guys( especially the gentleman who owns PVA) willing to put their reputation and word out in a public forum to satisfy their customers.  See if Walmart  will do that!

As I said in my earlier post on this thread, the ones who carp and bitch and put down another specific forum are either keyboard junkies or have been banned for being themselves.

I tried to join SH and my request was rejected due to "suspect country of origin".  Said to contact and admin if believed to be in error but no link to do so.

I'm just trying to see the pictures of some of the builds.

11 hours ago, Rick_W said:

I tried to join SH and my request was rejected due to "suspect country of origin".  Said to contact and admin if believed to be in error but no link to do so.

I'm just trying to see the pictures of some of the builds.

Never heard of that one, what country do you originate from?  All you have to do is get a hold of one of the mods and ask them, they are all over on there.

As far as the pics, you do have to register as a member. In your case, somewhat of a catch 22.

9 hours ago, SJMPCC022 said:

Never heard of that one, what country do you originate from?  All you have to do is get a hold of one of the mods and ask them, they are all over on there.

As far as the pics, you do have to register as a member. In your case, somewhat of a catch 22.

I'm from the US but currently employed by the USN in Europe/Middle East.

5 hours ago, Rick_W said:

I'm from the US but currently employed by the USN in Europe/Middle East.

Use your FPO address. If you use your local address, they’re not going to let you in. 

Are you a civilian contractor or DoD personnel?

18 minutes ago, George16 said:

Use your FPO address. If you use your local address, they’re not going to let you in. 

Are you a civilian contractor or DoD personnel?

DoD - Retired Navy.

I've tried to re-register but it says the username is taken and it will let me log in only to get the rejection notice.

I don't recall it asking for a physical address, just an e-mail.

8 hours ago, Rick_W said:

DoD - Retired Navy.

I've tried to re-register but it says the username is taken and it will let me log in only to get the rejection notice.

I don't recall it asking for a physical address, just an e-mail.

I thought you said the forum rejected your request due to "suspect country of origin".  How did they come up with this?

Also, if the username has been taken, use a different one and try again.

12 hours ago, George16 said:

I thought you said the forum rejected your request due to "suspect country of origin".  How did they come up with this?

Also, if the username has been taken, use a different one and try again.

I have no idea how they came up with the rejection cause and no one has responded to my e-mails sent through the forum.

I did manage to register an account using my work e-mail address.  Go figure...

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/25/2020 at 10:53 AM, b2948kevin said:

Remember that there's probably not another class of shooters who are as anal retentive as the PRS guys. It's probably the most tedious discipline.

1. Benchrest

2. NRA F Class

3. NRA Conventional Prone/Fullbore/Palma

4. NRA Conventional Highpower/CMP Service Rifle

All with more more demanding precision and accuracy requirements than PRS

PRS has the market cornered on oddball positions and carnival props to shoot from tho.

On 6/24/2020 at 10:52 PM, SJMPCC022 said:

This isn't the place to come for precision rifle marksmanship knowledge and I doubt it will ever be. 

Settle down.

Edited by SGT_Schultz

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2020 at 9:52 PM, SJMPCC022 said:

+1 lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2020 at 8:20 PM, RangerTrace said:

I just purchased my first PRS style rifle and would like to enjoy a forum dedicated to that sort of shooting.  What's your favorite?

Thanks,

Trace

Snipers hide helped me a lot when I shot PRS. Also YouTube follows like 8541tactical (former marine sniper) and tibosaurusrex. (Shoots extreme long range and teaches a lot about terminal ballistics.)

• 2 months later...

Well Trace? This thread is nearly a year old and I haven't seen you at a match yet. What's the hold up? I shoot Triple C fairly often, Jacob's Plain has a good match every month and Texarkana has a 600 yd match every other month. C'mon out and shoot! 

I sighted my rifle in at CCC and within a month the ammo crisis hit and I could no longer get my ammo from RSR.  I've got about 200 rounds of 6.5CM, which is what I consider none, if I can't readily replace it.  So, I've got $3500 worth of rifle, just looking pretty in the safe.

Put your big boy britches on and join the hide, there's always threads saying where you can get factory 6.5cm. There was one just this morning, I didn't look at it though because I have no need for factory ammo. The title did have the price and it was a good price.