Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shell Shock Technologies?

TANFARM

Two piece case. Part steel part brass. Special Die needed to size . Saw first hand that if rounds are crimped too tight they will separate when bullet puller is used at chrono station.

But it would be amazing to be able to use a magnet to pick them up.👍

15 hours ago, Sarge said:

Two piece case. Part steel part brass. Special Die needed to size . Saw first hand that if rounds are crimped too tight they will separate when bullet puller is used at chrono station.

But it would be amazing to be able to use a magnet to pick them up.👍

Part steel, part aluminum

Might be some useful information here:   https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2018/6/27/handloading-shell-shock-technologies-nas3-cases/

2 hours ago, TANFARM said:

Thank you very much for the article !

How can there possibly be that much advantage going through all this mess as opposed to once fired 9 mm ??

That’s the $64,000 question....

2 hours ago, Nolan said:

Here's a couple of reasons why, reload 30+ times, pick up with a magnet, easily withstands Major 9  pressures.

Nolan

Other than being magnetic any 9mm case can do the rest.

I have reloaded some a dozen times or more but in the real world you lose them way before that.

9mm is a very strong case by design and does just fine at MAJOR PF.

What part of 30+ times and magnetic did you miss?  LOL!

Of course I will have peel all the *&$% Wolf steel case 7.62 off my magnet, but it's pretty easy and quick to get 98% of your cases back.

Nolan

11 minutes ago, Nolan said:

What part of 30+ times and magnetic did you miss?  LOL!

Of course I will have peel all the *&$% Wolf steel case 7.62 off my magnet, but it's pretty easy and quick to get 98% of your cases back.

Nolan

generally don't pick it up anyway so magnetic feature means nothing. 9mm brass is almost free since I like to process it myself.

I think it's more an attempt to introduce the design to market. They're hoping to use those cases in next generation military rifles pushing much higher pressures for improved velocity and flatter trajectory. Not sure that practically there is much benefit in pistol platforms. 

Have loaded regular brass as an experiment 27 times with only a frew cases failing around 18-20 loading's. 

This was with major power factor.   In competition you will loose them a long time. before you can load them that many

times. As far as picking up cases the matches I have shot .You don't pick up brass until the end.Your not going to get your brass.

also as far as picking up brass get one of these. https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/ammo-brass-wizard