Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 3 17

Honeybooboo

Scored a new Gen 3 17 last week. They don’t come around here often. All my other Glocks are Gen 5s at this point. 

I think I’m going to set up this 17 for IDPA. What should I do trigger wise? I’m a fan of the stock trigger but it’s a little heavy. Minus connector, extra power trigger spring, and a lighter striker spring?

I know the extra power trigger springs didn’t work real well in the Gen 4s. Generally not a fan of minus connectors because I like to keep it as crisp as possible but I think the Gen 3s are more forgiving to them just because of the better geometry and all. 

19 minutes ago, Honeybooboo said:

Generally not a fan of minus connectors because I like to keep it as crisp as possible

In that case you might want to try a . (dot) connector. They're standard in the Gen4's.

32 minutes ago, Honeybooboo said:

Generally not a fan of minus connectors because I like to keep it as crisp as possible but I think the Gen 3s are more forgiving to them just because of the better geometry and all. 

I've tried a ton of connectors in my gen 3 G17's. My game gun has a oem (-) and carry guns have stock connectors.  They are all crisp and many of the aftermarket ones were not.  In any case, oem connectors are inexpensive to try out.

There is a thread somewhere where a lot of people weigh in on their connector experiences. They end up being like holsters. You try a lot of them.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a police trade in Gen 3 several years ago.I experimented with several combos including an Overwatch Poly Dat trigger (which IMO sucked) and ended up with a 3.5 connector and 6 lb trigger spring being the best for me.Glock triggers seem to be a matter of personal preference more than any other pistol ,you just have to put in the work to see which setup you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What didn't you like?  I have the Overwatch triggers on several Glocks and really like them.

It felt heavier and less smooth than the 3.5/6lb combo.It did have a strong reset but I don’t ride the trigger. I also didn’t like the shape and texture of the trigger shoe.Different strokes for different folks

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2020 at 12:45 PM, et45 said:

It felt heavier and less smooth than the 3.5/6lb combo.It did have a strong reset but I don’t ride the trigger. I also didn’t like the shape and texture of the trigger shoe.Different strokes for different folks

I have a TAC overwatch in my Gen 5 G19 and love it.  I picked up one for my Gen 3 G17 and had the same experience as you and just pulled it back out in favor of the stock set up trigger with a 3.5 connector.  I am going to be making some more changes and going to try the factory minus connector next. I am not a fan of the reset on the Lone wolf 3.5 connector.