Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RDS/Cmore warranty...

BillR1

For open guns and even carry optics rigs, I see alot of recommendations for the Cmore RTS sight. They seem to have almost a cult following, even though their warranty is only one year and no coverage for the glass itself.

That got me thinking...is a particular RDS's warranty not really a major consideration for a competition optic?

Educate me...

I would guess that depends on your budget,  If a particular optic was so much better that it was a game changer, but had a terrible warranty, competition shooters would likely still buy them.  If all things are similar, I'd certainly lean towards the better warranty.

Maybe it has something to do with round count. The upper echelon shooters shoot so many rounds in a year that sometimes their guns themselves wear out, so replacing the optic at the same time is not a huge concern. A lowly B-class hack like me that only shoots 20K rounds in a year is more concerned about equipment lasting a while? I don't know...

I have a rts2, version 1 that I got in 2012?, and it’s been back to them 3 times and have never been charged.

The warranty is for a year but c-more’s been great about Upgrading and repairing it.

1 hour ago, rishii said:

I have a rts2, version 1 that I got in 2012?, and it’s been back to them 3 times and have never been charged.

The warranty is for a year but c-more’s been great about Upgrading and repairing it.

This^ - me, too.  There's no "cult" (where the heck did that come from? ), just a good product, nice people, and a willingness to back it up with service.  

59 minutes ago, teros135 said:

This^ - me, too.  There's no "cult" (where the heck did that come from? ), just a good product, nice people, and a willingness to back it up with service.  

Sorry for the misuse of the word. I meant no disrespect at all. I was trying to say that they have a VERY loyal following in most cases. That interests me since their written warranty is less than many other optic companies. It sounds like they go above and beyond their stated warranty terms.

I'm just trying to find out if, in general, a "warranty" is a major selling point to most shooters or not..

Edited by BillR1

3 hours ago, robchavous said:

With the number of failures I've seen since the introduction of Carry Optics I don't think I could stomach buying a dot intended for slide mounting that doesn't have a lifetime warranty.

The RTS2 warranty is indeed lifetime.  They just need to get that on the package insert.  If you need verification,  just call them (540-347-4683).  Everyone I know who uses them is seeing CMore  back them up.  

34 minutes ago, teros135 said:

The RTS2 warranty is indeed lifetime.  They just need to get that on the package insert.  If you need verification,  just call them (540-347-4683).  Everyone I know who uses them is seeing CMore  back them up.  

I looked online...

"Our products are warranted against original defects in material and/or manufacturing for one year. This warranty is void if the unit has been abused, disassembled, or modified/tampered with in any way from it's original configuration.This warranty does not apply to defects caused by normal wear and tear, improper handling, incorrect installation, accidents, alterations/modifications to the original configuration, repairs made by unauthorized parties, aftermarket accessories, or abnormal use. Due to the fragile nature of glass, the lens is specifically excluded from warranty coverage.This warranty is limited to the original purchaser and is not transferable."

I’ve been running red dots since the 90’s, starting with a tasco pdp2  and pdp3, back then you’d send your brand new scope off to the dot doctor to get them bullet proofed, and I broke every single one of them

switched to c-more serendipity and slide rides, most of those went back to c-more for repair, were they junk, no we just abuse them to the point that they wear out.

my current rts 2’s both have the v4 board, and so far so good and I’ll stick with them until the current crop of new MRD sights get a proven track record 

5 hours ago, robchavous said:

With the number of failures I've seen since the introduction of Carry Optics I don't think I could stomach buying a dot intended for slide mounting that doesn't have a lifetime warranty.

True story. I once heard about a guy that shot his DPP clean off a Shadow 2. 😋

48 minutes ago, Dirty_J said:

True story. I once heard about a guy that shot his DPP clean off a Shadow 2. 😋

Well, we do beat the little fellows up pretty regularly, especially on CO guns ... 😱😰🥵