Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Setting up the Frisco Shoot out stage(interesting story, look it up), any suggestions to block off the "180" view of targets from the next shooting area ?
I know how I want to do it, wondering if there's some better ideas.out stage

Maybe place a no shoot target in the line of sight, if they pass the 180. You can place a NO-shoot close or out away from ea shooting position so you can only engage a target from one window or they can hit the shoot from the 2nd window or no question of breaking the 180 from the 3rd opening.  But to block the line of sight as the 180 is passed, that may take a lot of walls depending on the distance to the target.   Cool town you have, 

Good luck👍🏼

Edited by a matt

I’d avoid targets if you can. It’s easy and cheap but I’ve seen where a target moves or shifts and you don’t have the same presentation. Plus if you’re putting up no shoots to block a target on a bother range you’ve now just presented a shoot target to the other range.  

I don’t know the range for it’s lay out but If you don’t use no shoots, you have a match with only open Targets? Targets should not be moved by a competitor or they are subject to disqualification. Stands should be staked to the ground and marked on the support, in case of  winds or careless mistakes. Any shooters that shoots at targets from a totally different range should and arrested, if they don’t get shot first.  If a shooter shoots at a target from a different stage on another bay, then the MD has not set up the match (stages) safely or they should not be running the stages simultaneously.  That causes a log jam for shooters waiting for the stage to become safe to shoot. The ROs and the WSB should cover that thoroughly and if someone decides to shoot from another stage, than I don’t want to be on a range  with the person, ever.  I was only offering a inexpensive solution but if the OP has the time and money they can walls for days and have no worries.  Thanks 

Edited by a matt

The stages should be completely isolated from each other so that the timer doesn't pick up shots from the next stage and they can be reset safely unless you are using targets you can reset remotely like a plate rack with a cable. The targets on the ground appear to need to be reset by hand downrange. The stages will run slow and choke up for sure.