Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

pcc unbagged at car?

davsco

read thru the latest uspsa rules today.  did i read/understand correctly that we can pull pcc's from our cars with chamber flags but without cases needed?  and vice versa, at end of day?  presumably that includes putting them on carts and taking them off of carts.

I believe your thinking of rule 10.5.19:

"...The berm/backstop is not required while removing/returning a properly flagged

PCC from/to a vehicle providing all other safety rules are followed."

I shoot at a range in New Hampshire that has a range rule prohibiting this.  Since this activity happening in the general parking lot either before or after the match, I believe this is outside the scope of USPSA rules and is not a violation of those rules.

11 minutes ago, Lee Cabana said:

I believe your thinking of rule 10.5.19:

"...The berm/backstop is not required while removing/returning a properly flagged

PCC from/to a vehicle providing all other safety rules are followed."

I shoot at a range in New Hampshire that has a range rule prohibiting this.  Since this activity happening in the general parking lot either before or after the match, I believe this is outside the scope of USPSA rules and is not a violation of those rules.

If the parking lot is considered part of the range it is fully within the scope of the rules.  Dont be so sure you are before or after the match.  The match times are on practiscore and for example our local Starts at 7AM and dose not end until 5PM.  We do this so we have the range until we are done.  Or at a major match that runs for multiple days the match dose not end untill the last day of the match.  

Having said that we dont "police" the parking lot but that dose not mean it it not part of the range.  2.5.1 leads me to believe that any area after a unloading station would be part of the match and the full range if no unloading station is provided.  The only exception might be if the range is broken up like a few ranges I can think of that have clearly defined areas of the range.  My home range would be a good example of that.  We have one parking lot for the front of the range with the square ranges and the back of the range with a separate parking lot for the USPSA bays.

52 minutes ago, Lee Cabana said:

.  Since this activity happening in the general parking lot either before or after the match, I believe this is outside the scope of USPSA rules and is not a violation of those rules.

You would be incorrect unless it happens before or after stated match times. A flagged PCC is fine as they really never have to be cased. Technically you can carry it all day if you want.

The main flaw to thinking parking lots are not part of the match is that people would be free to handle hand guns there.