Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 1050 and 1100 owners - When you load do you sit (chair or bar height stool) or do you stand?

Finally was able to get the 2000+ lbs of  various reloading projectiles unloaded out of the vault in my  reloading room which now allows me to move the 700 lb. vault that needed to be moved.  Now I have the required space needed to build my  reloading bench for my RL1100 that has been here for a while.....

Being 60 years young I now sit when I reload on my 650 and it makes for very comfortable reloading sessions.....so as I prepare to build the bench for my RL1100 I wanted to ask the forum members if you sit or stand when loading on your 1050/1100 series loaders....I realize the design and stroke is different from the 650 so wanted to ask before I start building my bench....I would love the ability to sit (bar stool height) if possible but did not know if the stroke and angles make this a less than viable option......Thanks for your comments and feedback....Mark 

Edited by Sigarmsp226

I am not sure how you could load sitting down with a 1050 to make sure that everything is kosher as you load.  At least for me and what I am looking for during loading.  Maybe if I had some sort of video setup to view if powder has been loaded into the casing correctly.  Sitting would not allow me to see this. For me operating the press sitting would be a bit awkward as well.

Bench is 32 1/2" high.  I sit on a stool that is 28 3/4" high.  Have an endoscope camera mounted on the tool head that allows me to see powder drop before bullet feeder deposits a bullet.  Can also see primer ejection down a clear tube to primer bucket under the bench.  Tried standing but found sitting more comfortable when loading for an hour or so.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond...My plan will be to set up a temporary bench top to determine the final height before building the final structure. I am going to try and load from a standing position that still allows me to rest my ass on a padded stool similar to the type you see in auto parts houses - no back but a nice big round padded top that has adjustable legs....

Again thanks everyone - based on the comments standing is the best option but a standing/stool top sitting position will also work....As soon as the Grandkids (son and DIL both work in medical so we keep two or three of our grand daughters each week Tuesday thru Friday - ages 5, e, and 16 months) head home for the weekend I will get started on this set up...I have to work this into the home and yard chores so that is why my RL1100 has not been removed from the factory shipping box since receipt...Covid closed the girls church daycare the week my RL arrived....and yes it has been driving me crazy not being able to get it set up but I know my priorities and setting up a new reloading machine falls way behind God, Family, and Work.....Thanks Again Everyone...Mark

2 hours ago, jstagn said:

Mark7 sitting drinking beer.

Love it - When I am able to put my Big Boy Britches on I will get me one...Right now just happy I could afford the RL1100....

And yes I am jealous....

Edited by Sigarmsp226

1 hour ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

....and yes it has been driving me crazy not being able to get it set up but I know my priorities and setting up a new reloading machine falls way behind God, Family, and Work.....Thanks Again Everyone...Mark

Glad to see you got your priorities in order!  It will all work out.

10 hours ago, Hawk21 said:

Drafting Chair gives you tons of flexibility KMX051W.jpg

Hawk - Thanks for posting this suggestion.....Never thought about this style chair - looks comfortable and with the adjustable height - this might be the ticket......Thanks Sir....Mark