Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magnets in Limited Division?

SJBriggs

I was recently told at a local match that reloading from a magnetic pouch in Limited Division will get a competitor bumped up to Open Division. I couldn't find this anywhere in the USPSA rule book. Any truth to this, or was I just given some bad info?

Thanks in advance,

Sammy

Just now, George Jones said:

Bad rules information is USPSA's version of the virus.  It is contagious, going from human to human.  👾

The only vaccine is the rulebook.  An occasional booster shot is always helpful.  💉

This... So much this.

Open rulebook, Ctrl+F, "magnet", press enter

Once you know your way around the rulebook and know some of the keywords in some of the rules it's easy to go back and find certain things

:)

I have no problem with a guy that whips out an overlay for a club match. That's exactly what should be done. The rules apply to every level of a match. Not to mention if you ever shoot a higher tier match and you have been following the rules then there is no surprises. 

On 5/13/2020 at 6:01 AM, waktasz said:

Open rulebook, Ctrl+F, "magnet", press enter

Once you know your way around the rulebook and know some of the keywords in some of the rules it's easy to go back and find certain things

:)

Didn't know about the search function. Great info, thanks!

Now that I think about it, the only thing you will find that way is that you CAN'T retain mags by magnetic means in Production, CO and Single Stack. You have to assume that means you CAN in Limited/Open/etc