Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

“Fundamentals” private class or lessons in Central Texas?!?

Stjs45

Looking for some private lesson or classes as intro to Practical Shooting. I have shot plenty of 3 Gun but really would like to get detail info and pointers on the skills USPSA requires. 

I live in San Antonio Tx. Can anyone recommend a good “coach” or private instructor in the Central Texas area. I don’t mind driving an hour or so. Thanx. 

btw- I am dry firing already. 

• 2 weeks later...

Join the Practical Shooting Training Group. It's run by Hwansik Kim, Ben Stoeger, and company. It will require effort on your end (recording match footage, training sessions, etc), but you get back what you put in. It seems a bit steep at first, then you realize that a private lesson with a good instructor is going to run you $300 at a minimum.

I'd even argue that it's better than class instruction as video footage can be repeated and slowed down for more precise analysis. I recently took a skills and drills class with Stoeger. It cost me around $1K for the entire trip. Did I learn something? Yes, but in hindsight, I think I would have gotten more with a yearly Gold membership with PSTG.

• 4 weeks later...

While I heartily endorse Ben's classes and PSTG, there are decent instructors around the middle of TX that are well under $300 for a few hours, which should do for what the OP is asking.

• 3 months later...
On 5/12/2020 at 12:02 AM, Stjs45 said:

Looking for some private lesson or classes as intro to Practical Shooting. I have shot plenty of 3 Gun but really would like to get detail info and pointers on the skills USPSA requires. 

I live in San Antonio Tx. Can anyone recommend a good “coach” or private instructor in the Central Texas area. I don’t mind driving an hour or so. Thanx. 

btw- I am dry firing already. 

Did you find someone?  I'm thinking of taking Ben's Class in February when he comes to Lincoln....   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/12/2020 at 7:36 PM, rowdyb said:

He found someone. 

I dang sure did. Rowdy is beyond knowledgable and can actually translate it to a teaching. Highly recommend.

Lets get together soon man. Ill hit you up after this cold front crap!