Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Didn't see a good spot for this, so I thought I'd put it here. 

After some tinkering around in my garage, I realized that I could have quite a collection of videos if I recorded myself fixing all the things I break. 😆

That lead me to start recording some of my reloading and shooting. I figured I'd make a thread where I can share what I'm learning, trying, doing, building, etc. and be able to keep it all in one place without a new forum thread every time.

What I would like for these to do over time is to help improve shooting sports. Some of it is sharing information to help others learn, and some of it is me trying to learn new things (which may also help others learn).

Here's my latest video.

image.gif

I've been building an induction annealer out of my old computer tower.

I'm pretty happy with how it's coming together so far.  I ran into an issue with the water reservoir I made though, so I'll have to come up with a different solution for that.

This is my progress so far.  Once I figure out the water reservoir, I'll wrap this up and test it out!

Edited by RotR

I needed to adjust my trigger on my Remington 700. As usual, I messed it up and it turned into a bigger ordeal.

So I made a video of me swapping triggers and dialing it in. Maybe it will help someone else from having the same issues I had.

Edited by RotR

I've discussed the variation of loads in a Dillon with a couple friends lately. That got me to wondering about testing just how much mine vary.

Then in perfect timing, one of the articles in Dillon Precision's latest catalog was explaining a test they performed on comparing powder charge weights from their powder measure to other methods.

I decided that I'm going to put together a series of 3 different tests looking at the variation in powder, case sizing, seating, etc., and how that relates to performance.

This is the first test which is about powder charges, and I'll update as I complete the other two. I compared some of Dillon's data to my own in the video, and I made an attempt to translate that into variations in POI based on powder only.