Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unclassified in L6

I'm about to register for the ICORE southern regional in L6. I'm unclassified.  Should I simply register unclassified?  The closest ICORE club is 3.5 hours away, so the odds of me classifying before are pretty much nil.

Do I have any other options?

Jason

I don't see any. 

Something to note ICORE allows Lewis Scoring for matches.  Not all do, but you might ask.

Lewis means they split the final results into Classes irregardless of actual class.  Then awards are based on those classes.

If there are enough unclassified many Matches will even give awards in it.

I'm sure the Aysens are involved and they are good people to deal with.

Good Luck!

Wait a minute there is.

1) Find a certified ICORE or USPSA Range Officer

2) Set up & run at least 4 ICORE Classifiers with that RO officiating

3) Go to the ICORE website and it explains how to turn those scores into ICORE for Classification

4) You just have to have an ICORE membership for those classifiers to be valid

We did this in March at a local club after their regular USPSA match.  About 7 or 8 of us got classified, I got classified in 3 different ICORE Divisions.

You don't even have to do it at a gun club.  I thought of getting a buddy who is a USPSA RO and run the classifiers at my farm.  But another bud did it at his club and I latched on.

That is your best solution.

Edited by pskys2

24 minutes ago, pskys2 said:

Wait a minute there is.

1) Find a certified ICORE or USPSA Range Officer

2) Set up & run at least 4 ICORE Classifiers with that RO officiating

3) Go to the ICORE website and it explains how to turn those scores into ICORE for Classification

4) You just have to have an ICORE membership for those classifiers to be valid

We did this in March at a local club after their regular USPSA match.  About 7 or 8 of us got classified, I got classified in 3 different ICORE Divisions.

You don't even have to do it at a gun club.  I thought of getting a buddy who is a USPSA RO and run the classifiers at my farm.  But another bud did it at his club and I latched on.

That is your best solution.

Jason right here is your answer if you want to be classified for the match. If you don't care, sign up as unclassified and just shoot the match as long as your membership is currant.