Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

setting Eye Relief for Bench/ Prone

ffgats

Good Day

A beginner questions here, my experience is limited to AR shooting mostly 3 Gun and IPSC, I usually have a different setting when shooting unsupported and shooting prone, usually I moved the stock longer by one notch up to get the best eye relief on prone position. I am in the process of learning / joining long range and precision shooting with a Tikka T3X Varmint bolt action, got the scope ( 4-18x44) and planning to order the MDT chassis . MDT Chassis has the option for the stock preference, fix or carbine using  buffer tube and stock ( AR type) which I think can allow me to adjust the length fast without loosening  some knobs, but I find the stock has more wobble and the check placement are not adjustable. I like to divide my practice shooting bench and prone in one session. Will setting my Eye Relief in prone position covers the bench shooting. your recommendations and experience will be a big help,