• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, dansedgli said:

An extractor that will be harder to come by when yours breaks mid match. :P

good thinking.

my opinion is this  is perfect solution 👍 for non existing problem.😉

from my  experience conventional 1911 extractor from spring steel properly tuned works many years  with  100% reliability .

I’ve had the same concerns..that they are fixing a problem that doesn’t exist, but I also don’t think they’d start using it if it was throughly tested, and provides benefits. New extractor, new barrel, and new comp...I have confidence it’ll all work!

My understanding is the replacement part will be drop in and fairly inexpensive. The sako style extractor is what Bat Machine and other custom action males use on the custom rifle actions..I have 4 of them and been shooting them for years now. Never one had a single issue with this design..breakage or failures..

It's not listed on website yet..take a look at their facebook page. It's shown and mentioned on there is several different places...I've got to be honest and say I'm not 100% sure how its adjustable if any...I hope to have the pistol in my hands in a few weeks...

I actually think it's the perfect solution.  Extractor issues are the most common next to feed issues in my experience.  Spring driven extractors work better than those relying on metal tension, especially for major power factor, rimless cases.  

If it were a .45 or a rimmed .38 super - not needed.  But, both of those are almost obsolete cartridges now-a-days. 

It's a spring tensioned hook, like most modern semi-autos have.  Not really anything to break or wear out.  If replacement is needed, it should be a simple drop-in with no fitting.  Also don't seen any reason it won't work with the older style SV slides.  Hopefully they come with some type of plug for the hole in the back.

6 minutes ago, IPSCLUVERRR said:

I wonder if they are going to remove the extractor hole in their slides from here on out. 

I would think so, but if they delete that hole it's going to add a good amount of weight to the slide.  I'd guess they'll either keep the hole and add a plug at the rear, or more likely, machine it from the front but not all the way through.

Here is a picture that they posted..they posted a video of a gun running with hole in back minus extractor with the new one installed, but not sure how or if they plan on plugging it somehow..

96358875_238112627526513_531568766283153408_o.jpg

32 minutes ago, ltdmstr said:

They've been proprietary ever since they switched to the IBF.

IBF this is the best idea. and cz type extractor don't need pro. tuning.

Edited by yigal

9 hours ago, Silent said:

It seems to me theThere's nothing wrong with that. Only good. But some people still like the old design, which requires some skill to work 100%. The new mechanism should prevent any interference with the mechanismre is way more good here than bad.

There's nothing wrong with that. Only good. But some people still like the old design, which requires some skill to work 100%. The new mechanism should prevent any interference with the mechanism.

the original old design still  has few benefits over the new one.

Edited by yigal