Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any game with CZ’s and carry their compacts?

Stafford

I do. I like the hammer gun for appendix carry, and I prefer a decocker on a carry gun if it has a hammer. I have the P07 set up with a slightly heavier trigger than the SP01.

The P07 is good enough that it wouldn't be my limiting factor if I completed with it (low B class shooter). It's actually impressively accurate and easy to shoot at distance.3fc35c01f1d314a5e316b005deca3333.jpg

1 hour ago, f2benny said:

I shoot the sp01 shadow and shadow 2 in idpa and uspsa and put together a pcr for aiwb.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, jinn707 said:

I do.  When shooting production, I use a 75 Bull Shadow; for carry - a P01.

Thanks for the replies... Follow up question:

If you’ve modified your competition full size CZ’s with trigger work, target sights, competition hammer, etc.... do you do the same modifications on your CZ compact for carry?

If you’ve modified your competition full size CZ’s with trigger work, target sights, competition hammer, etc.... do you do the same modifications on your CZ compact for carry?
I did the Cajun competition kit on my comp gun and the defensive kit on my carry gun. The only difference is the springs.

Honestly the carry guns don't need upgrades, but I like to tinker.

I carried a stock Berreta in Iraq, but my Berreta here in the USA has a Wilson combat trigger job

2 minutes ago, Stafford said:

I set both for reliability. No sub-2 pound triggers, in both but I replaced the firing pin stop pin with the CGW roll pin, extended firing pin, and short reset trigger. I went with a comp hammer on the SP-01, and kept the stock hammer on the P-01.

2 hours ago, Stafford said:

In my case yes, triggers are very similar.  My carry gun has a slightly heavier pull weight, I use a 13# MS on my carry.  My production gun uses an 11# MS.  Sights are set up pretty much the same as well (black rear with F/O fronts); only difference being the dovetail cuts for the sights.

6 hours ago, Stafford said:

The guts of both my pistols are just as they came from the factory.  The match gun has silicon carbide and stippling on the grip, the carry gun is unmodified other than the sides of the grip are covered in 3M floor non skid tape.

I actually prefer the grip I get from 3M non slip tape over the 60/90 SC so eventually I'm going to lay down tape over it on my match gun.

IDPA:

My CO gun is a CGW CZ75 SP-01 with a Trijicon SRO

My ESP gun is a a CZC Shadow 1 converted to SAO

My SSP gun is a CZC Shadow 1 that is SA/DA

My CDP Gun is a CZC CZ97B converted to SAO

I carry a CZC Shadowline Compact or a CGW RAMI 2075B

All the pistols (competition and carry) have been modified by CZ Custom or Cajun Gun Works

On 5/7/2020 at 11:06 PM, Stafford said:

Pretty much although the gaming guns are safety models and the pcr obviously is a decocker but it has a pro CGW kit in it.  They all have black rear and front fo sights.  Pcr looks very basic.