Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RL1100 Setup Questions...........

1 hour ago, AHI said:

it does not .it could be added but may defeat part of its  use. give it a try.

may actually be better.

Decided to order the MA Backer die and give it a go........

Thanks for the recommendation.

4 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

Decided to order the MA Backer die and give it a go........

Thanks for the recommendation.

So what’s the difference between this backer die and the dillon on on the press. Any benefit. Looks like they both do the same just hold the case down. 

31 minutes ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

So what’s the difference between this backer die and the dillon on on the press. Any benefit. Looks like they both do the same just hold the case down. 

Dirt:

Since this is my first time dealing with a Mighty Armory Die, I will share my thoughts as to why they are different............

As you can see, with the MA Hold Down/Swage Backup Die, it comes with rods to do rifle and pistol.  Pistol would be the one on the right:

https://www.mightyarmory.com/collections/swage-dies/products/the-backer-swage-station-die-for-automated-press-toolheads

Also, if I'm understanding the documentation on their website correctly, this die body can be converted to a universal decapper with the addition of the decapping pin and flicker spring.  Again, I could be wrong on this............

As shown on page 26 of the Dillon Owners Manual, the Pistol (circled in red) backup not only serves as a swage backer, it MUST also expand the mouth and upper body of the case (9mm in my instance) if used as provided.

Swage-Backup.png