Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex Razor Gen III 1-10x24 Comprehensive Review

Hi All,

Figured I'd share this here.  I recently went through and finished a fairly detailed review of the new Razor.  I'm sure there have been many questions on it and how it stacks up.  Hopefully this helps some people out who are considering picking one up.

Great review!

Only thing I missed was a comparison to the other actual top contenders of LPVO's: Swarovski, Kahles and Zeiss (all 1-8x variety) - while being SFP scopes these do have better FOV than the Vortex. It would also have been interesting to see how it stacks up against the March 1-10x, thought that is a bit different beast with parallax adjustment etc.

18 minutes ago, mrd said:

Great review!

Only thing I missed was a comparison to the other actual top contenders of LPVO's: Swarovski, Kahles and Zeiss (all 1-8x variety) - while being SFP scopes these do have better FOV than the Vortex. It would also have been interesting to see how it stacks up against the March 1-10x, thought that is a bit different beast with parallax adjustment etc.

Thanks for the feedback.  Obviously agree the FOV on those is giganto - that said it's very hard to put these in the same category for review in a 13 minute video though being FFP vs SFP (that's why we tried to focus almost unilaterally on other FFP optics or the Gen II for comparison).  We're going to try and pull in as many optics as possible to create a library of sorts of LPVOs with down-the-reticle footage and will obviously hit on those.

On the March, the reticle at 1 power, at least as far as I'm concerned, just isn't usable in the same manner at all.  That's just my .02.  I have limited time behind that optic.  

9 hours ago, GorillaTactical said:

We're going to try and pull in as many optics as possible to create a library of sorts of LPVOs with down-the-reticle footage and will obviously hit on those.

On the March, the reticle at 1 power, at least as far as I'm concerned, just isn't usable in the same manner at all.  That's just my .02.  I have limited time behind that optic.  

Sounds great! I understand it's hard to cram everything into one review. I just think those I mentioned are the best LPVO's currently, even though they are SFP, and the ones I want to see the Vortex compared to.

Totally agree on the March. They should make a reticle where only the center dot illuminates.

Great review. Good points covered.  Off topic question though, who make the adjustable stock on the main rifle used in the video.

Thanks in advance, and keep doing the great reviews.

3 hours ago, troupe said:

Great review. Good points covered.  Off topic question though, who make the adjustable stock on the main rifle used in the video.

Thanks in advance, and keep doing the great reviews.

That's from Cobalt Kinetics