Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S2: To shock buff or not shock buff...

ck1

Took my new TSO in .40 to the range today shooting factory 180gr. Only shot about 200 rounds, disassembled back at the house to look at, and the buffer was pretty much shredded apart. Sounds like their are pluses and minus/personal opinion as to whether or not to run one....

I have run my TSO .40 the last 2 matches with the thick clear buffer and haven't had any hang-ups and it feels softer and better when shooting. It does not slide lock back when empty with Federal Syntech 205 gr rounds.  When practicing, I remove the recoil spring/guide rod/slide stop/and recoil buffer. I use a DPM recoil spring/older slide stop. I don't like the way the gun feels with this setup. It may be due to using range ammo when target practicing. It seems to be harsher not running the buffer no matter what recoil spring I use with the DPM set up.

On 6/4/2020 at 12:15 AM, Goose78 said:

Took my new TSO in .40 to the range today shooting factory 180gr. Only shot about 200 rounds, disassembled back at the house to look at, and the buffer was pretty much shredded apart. Sounds like their are pluses and minus/personal opinion as to whether or not to run one....

I replace mine after every others match or every other practice session. Usually at about 300 rounds they’re shredded. I think they make it a little softer shooting.