Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best shoe specifically for gravel?

Wesquire

On 5/9/2020 at 12:47 PM, ck1 said:

If one prefers a wider toe-box, and a lower heel-toe drop, I'm about to order a second pair of Merrell Agility Synthesis Flex's and like them a lot and would recommend trying a pair on. I've had both the Speedcross and the Boombah's, but I found those both kind of have narrower toe-boxes and feel like high-heels to me as compared to the interval training Crossfit-type shoes I'm used to, and I feel like for me, being able to splay my toes out leads to better comfort. Plus, the Merrell's are a little lighter. I've never really been a Merrell fan, but their trail-running type shoes are pretty nice. Most of them are a lot like the Solomon's, but normal laces, and not as overbuilt, more options on heel-toe drop. Worth a try. YMMV.

Got the Merrells, feel great around the house. Like the relatively wide forefoot and light weight. Mesh should breath well. Was considering Boombah but narrow forefoot and no return policy killed it for me. Thanks for heads up on the Agility!

Mark

1 hour ago, mpom said:

Got the Merrells, feel great around the house. Like the relatively wide forefoot and light weight. Mesh should breath well. Was considering Boombah but narrow forefoot and no return policy killed it for me. Thanks for heads up on the Agility!

Mark

👍.

It's funny, the main range I've been shooting at lately has mostly really sharp rocky bays (talking bigger rocks like 3-4" or bigger) because it's newly built and they haven't put down their final layer of dirt... and the thing with the Merrells is they're almost too flexible and comfy for that surface so my feet would be sore the rest of the day after shooting there... so I wore my Solomon XA Pro 3D's the last couple matches because their soles are stiffer, but I kinda hate them, and they feel so clunky and uncomfortable compared to the Merrells ...thinking I'd rather just deal with a little soreness than wear the uncomfortable shoes lol. Besides being on big crazy sharp rocks, the Merrells are great.

Edited by ck1