Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Dillon CV-2001

After 10 years of the CV-750, I finally upgraded to the CV-2001 and large media separator to keep up with the capacity of the 1050/bullet feeder.  Man this thing will clean some brass!!  Seemed like watching grass grow, waiting on the CV-750 to clean 500ish cases.  This thing will knock out 2000 a pop.  

IMG_3510.jpg

2 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

After 10 years of the CV-750, I finally upgraded to the CV-2001 and large media separator to keep up with the capacity of the 1050/bullet feeder.  Man this thing will clean some brass!!  Seemed like watching grass grow, waiting on the CV-750 to clean 500ish cases.  This thing will knock out 2000 a pop.  

IMG_3510.jpg

Thinking of getting one. 2k in how long in the corn cob media. 

15 minutes ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

Thinking of getting one. 2k in how long in the corn cob media. 

The cost for the  bigger unit isn't much more, you just need the space to store it.  Mine sits on top of the fridge in the garage.

How close to the top of the bowl is the media before you put your brass in?   I have a older Magnum FL 2000, and put in the 42 cups of media, a coffee can full of 9mm, and got media all over.  Thanks

1 hour ago, hmg1 said:

How close to the top of the bowl is the media before you put your brass in?   I have a older Magnum FL 2000, and put in the 42 cups of media, a coffee can full of 9mm, and got media all over.  Thanks

The trick is to start the tumbler before adding brass. Both my dillons will over flow if I fill with media and brass before switching on.

13 hours ago, SeattleDude said:

and two CV-2001 is even better

This. I bought a CV-2001 and have on loan my uncles FL-2000. Running both of these is about 1/3 or slightly more of a 5 gal bucket in one run.

Go to Lowe’s or Home Depot and buy a timer that will let you set it about every 1/2 hour plug it in at night it’ll only run a couple hours. Cost about 10 bucks.

Go to Lowe’s or Home Depot and buy a timer that will let you set it about every 1/2 hour plug it in at night it’ll only run a couple hours. Cost about 10 bucks.
This is what I do. I have the timer set for about 3 hours so if I can't get right out there to turn them off they auto shut off. Works great.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I fill mine with brass first then media to a pretty full mark.  I run it for a few seconds and watch how it settles and add more media.

Media is a whole set of threads on its own.  

On the media topic, I've heard of some people throwing in a few spent primers as well. Apparently it helps get the really thick crud off old range brass. Anyone hear of this before? Bear in mind that I'm in South Africa and people try all kinds of crap here.

Yup!  Started with a 750 and upgraded about a year later to the 2001.  Huge difference!  Sold the 750 to a buddy at work that was just getting started in reloading.  We were both happy!

20 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

I let a batch run over night last night and there really isn't a noticeable difference between 2 hours and 8 hours.......

I also have found that 2 hours is a good number.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a used 2001 and being the Dillon fanboy that I am I thought I would be done. My Frankfort tumbler does a better job at polishing the brass or finished rounds. I’m using the same media and polish in both of them and the Dillons results are significantly lower than the Frankfort’s. I’ve tried dryer sheets and leaving the top off to no avail. Any thoughts or suggestions?

• 2 years later...