Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP01 interesting slide lock issue

Mikemiller69gs

Quick history on the gun. It has the Cajun production kit installed and minor cleanup. I’m guessing I have 1200-1500 rounds through it in the last five months. I have two factory mags and two Mecgar mags and all four are the 19 rounders. 
Finally allowed to go the range Saturday and I noticed that during mag changes, the slide was automatically closing without me hitting the release. I narrowed it down to one of the Mecgar magazines but I have no idea why. Any thoughts one why it would start doing it now and how I can remedy?

Thanks,

Mike

it's new full auto slide stop model . put in M position not in D.😉

violent mag insertion can cause this. the slide stop  normal position  is forced  down  by wire spring.

it's not problem. enjoy your gun.

37 minutes ago, Mikemiller69gs said:

Yes

If you prefer this not to happen you can alter the contact surfaces of the slide stop and or the slide stop notch on the slide. It is rather common for the slide to auto forward in CZ 75 variants.

My Shadow SP01's do it about 90-95% time, on a good firm mag insertion.  Got used to it and expect it during match.  The 1 in 20 times it doesn't is a bit irksome, because I've gotten so used to it.  

Quick history on the gun. It has the Cajun production kit installed and minor cleanup. I’m guessing I have 1200-1500 rounds through it in the last five months. I have two factory mags and two Mecgar mags and all four are the 19 rounders. 
Finally allowed to go the range Saturday and I noticed that during mag changes, the slide was automatically closing without me hitting the release. I narrowed it down to one of the Mecgar magazines but I have no idea why. Any thoughts one why it would start doing it now and how I can remedy?

Thanks,

Mike

I use stock 19 rnd CZ mags. My original 8 have 67k on them not counting any dry fire. Most of the time they all auto the forward slide. Like someone on the thread said sorta sucks when they don’t. I plan on hitting mag release so not surprised. Frankly like it doing that. Just ensure your finger doesn’t wander to the trigger early or it will be a short match. That is the only down side but if your relaid technique is good and solid no issue....unless the hammer follows. But that would suck regardless of the mag releasing the slide or you hit the slide release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks,

Mike

I use stock 19 rnd CZ mags. My original 8 have 67k on them not counting any dry fire. Most of the time they all auto the forward slide. Like someone on the thread said sorta sucks when they don’t. I plan on hitting mag release so not surprised. Frankly like it doing that. Just ensure your finger doesn’t wander to the trigger early or it will be a short match. That is the only down side but if your relaid technique is good and solid no issue....unless the hammer follows. But that would suck regardless of the mag releasing the slide or you hit the slide release.

I'm pretty confident in my mag changes and trigger finger. The first gun I used in IDPA was a Walther PPQ with the paddle mag release and I used my trigger finger to actuate the lever. It quickly created the muscle memory of having my finger off the trigger. Now if I could quit making holes in the friendly targets, I would be set :) 

I'm pretty confident in my mag changes and trigger finger. The first gun I used in IDPA was a Walther PPQ with the paddle mag release and I used my trigger finger to actuate the lever. It quickly created the muscle memory of having my finger off the trigger. Now if I could quit making holes in the friendly targets, I would be set [emoji4] 

They are supposed to hit the ground when one or both of these happen: they hear gun shots or the timer going off. I think we should get bonus points if we hit them. Since they didn’t hit the ground, they are obviously shoot targets. Any rate I never shot a friendly if was on the ground. Wish I could say the same for those upright. [emoji2957]

I got used to the slide auto forwarding normally as well, but the times that it didn't would slow me down slightly. I'm sure someone will say this is a horrible habit, but what I've started doing is when I start the reload I actually rest my thumb on top of the slide release. Thumb goes to mag release, mag drops, thumb then goes to the slide release as a reference point. The force from inserting the loaded mag will push the firearm up and will release the slide. It happens very quickly, but I've not had a empty chamber yet.