Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mounting the RL1100

Finally received the RL1100 today.........exactly 14 weeks from the day I ordered.  9mm......

I've got it out on the bench, doing an inventory, and it's missing a few small parts; but nothing that will stop the set-up.  Something that's caught my eye, and I guess its the foot print of where the XL650 used to be mounted using the elevated Dillon Strong Mount, has me considering a mounting plate to use under the 1100 just to give it a bigger foot print.  I've got plenty of bench and it's strong and also anchored to the wall studs, but I've admired what appears to be an aluminum mounting plate that's being used with the 1100 on the front cover of the Owner's Manual.

I'm wondering if any S1050/RL1100 users are using, or have considered, an additional plate under the base just to increase the foot print?  Or am I considering something that's totally unnecessary, and should go ahead and mount it to the bench as delivered?  BTW, the handle height is perfect with just the press sitting on the bench.

Thanks for any feed back!

HR 

Mounting Plate.png

15 minutes ago, See_Archie_Shoot said:

Inline mfg. mount works great

8fdf7dbcd5555c013e47c5fbb2e65a5f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See:

Nice setup!

My bench is purposely built 40 1/2" tall, and the handle height is just about perfect with the base sitting directly on the bench.  Of course, I could easily use a 1/4"  additional plate height without any issues...........

Thanks! 

Edited by HOGRIDER
sp

Mind straight to the bench. I do have a 1/8 steel plate under my bench so the nuts and washers don’t sink into the butcher block. Probably don’t need it but I like it. I see no need for a plate on the top  

57DC8753-BA33-4C07-AA7B-976BB4DD7201.png

i mounted mine with the inline fabrication flush mount. i did use the space plate and i also have the quick change on it. i swap it for my single stage hornady and i also have a vise mounted to a plate. awesome system. highly recommend it. ill post a picture later.

17 hours ago, See_Archie_Shoot said:

Nice setup!  Just wondering what your bench height is and what mount height you have. I'm still waiting on my RL and did order the Inline "4 . Hopefully mine will arrive soon. 

Congrats HOGRIDER that wait is over!

5 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

Mine are mounted straight to the bench top, which is 2x 3/4" birch plywood.  I put threaded inserts from the bottom so there's no screw threads sticking out.

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

Looks like you notched your bench like I had to do. For my 1050 no notch but the 1100 had to notch it about half in with the dremmel 

17 hours ago, See_Archie_Shoot said:

Archie, how wide is your bench on the lower portion withe presses? From overhang on the left, to the edge of the right.

21 minutes ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

Looks like you notched your bench like I had to do. For my 1050 no notch but the 1100 had to notch it about half in with the dremmel 

Yeah, I have the old style RL 1050s, and have always had to do the notch.  Probably shoulda made a 1/4" spacer or something.  But I didn't really want them any higher.  I don't really understand the benefit of having a low bench and raised mount for the 1050/1100.  I prefer to have all my stuff at working height.  And in terms of strength, I don't think it adds anything.  The key is to have the bench firmly mounted to the floor and/or wall.

6 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

Mine are mounted straight to the bench top, which is 2x 3/4" birch plywood.  I put threaded inserts from the bottom so there's no screw threads sticking out.

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

ltdmstr:

I took your advise and mounted it straight to the bench!  My front holes are 3/4" back from the front edge of the bench, and I have plenty of clearance for the handle in full down position.

Finishing up the mounting as we speak!

THANK YOU! to everyone that's replied! 

Truly appreciate all the info!

:)

Well, another minor setback.............was finishing up the Case Feeder install, and going by the part number, Dillon sent me a case feed tube for the S1050.  About 1.5 inches too long just eyeballing it.

Dillon is sending out the correct part number, and told me to go ahead and shorten/cut the bottom end to the correct length so I'll have something to use.  But having no previous experience in cutting one, and especially getting it square, I'm not too comfortable tackling that project.

I have plenty of setup work to do; change out three dies, get the MBF expander set up at station #5, and get some N320 flowing through this machine!  

HR

Nice setup!  Just wondering what your bench height is and what mount height you have. I'm still waiting on my RL and did order the Inline "4 . Hopefully mine will arrive soon. 

Congrats HOGRIDER that wait is over!

I built my bench lower with the riser.

Hope to replace the mount with an Ammobot one day.

a7daf0565b542263f6206143c702175b.jpg

1 hour ago, See_Archie_Shoot said:

I built my bench lower with the riser.

Hope to replace the mount with an Ammobot one day.

a7daf0565b542263f6206143c702175b.jpg

Looks perfect and close to mine bench height. Now I just need Dillon to ship it! This waiting is getting old....hope mine doesn’t come missing parts or incorrect parts. 

Thought I'd follow up with my mount position........was still able to stick the index finger freely behind the handle in full down stroke.

Again, my bench height is 40 & 1/2".

👍

Bench Mount2.png