Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best PPE for Junior (under 10) Shooters?

Hawk21

I have a five(m) and seven(f) year old who love going to the range and shooting the 22/45 lite, but the entire time they complain about the glasses / ear muffs hurting.  90% of this is that they are not used to wearing anything on their face, but i do feel like if i found some gear more suited for their age it would be more comfortable.

Can anyone recommend quality PPE for shooters under 10?  

yeah i'd go with foam plugs vs muffs for kids.  maybe even nip them a little so they're not too tight.  but def make sure they're inserted vs just placed loosely.

22 hours ago, CharlieD said:

Thanks for the suggestion charlie, only concern is the wisp seem to have small amount of facial coverage (I use tombstones which basically cover half my face 🤣).

While searching thru the Tifosi offerings I came across the podium, and grabbed a cheap pair off ebay to see if they will fit my kids face as small as the wisp!

Sounds like foam plugs are the consensus for their little ears.... appreciate all the feedback

I know it is a little pricey, but have you looked at Hunters HD Gold?  There are several styles, and some are adjustable. They probably have something that would be exactly what you are needing. 

3 hours ago, nso123 said:

I know it is a little pricey, but have you looked at Hunters HD Gold?  There are several styles, and some are adjustable. They probably have something that would be exactly what you are needing. 

If anyone in this family gets a pair of Hunters Golds it’s gonna be me! I have been wanting some for awhile now and planned on pulling the trigger at MS Classic Level II butttttt unfortunately it had to be canceled.  

Seriously if she sticks with it I’ll certainly make the investment if they have a pair that fits her well, so far she has enjoyed it tremendously and is a surprisingly good shot.    

dJAUNNM.mp4

#prouddad