Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primer packaging - repurpose the little tray

mvmojo

Maybe a dumb topic but as I was hunting and pecking to fill 12 primer tubes today I started to wonder what I could do with the little 100 hole primer packaging trays.  Anybody figured out a way to repurpose these things.  

4 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Believe it or not this has been talked about before.

I suspected it had and I searched before posting.  Didn't find anything, but the search function, well, Google it's not!  [caution, thread drift warning]

3 minutes ago, mvmojo said:

I suspected it had and I searched before posting.  Didn't find anything, but the search function, well, Google it's not!  [caution, thread drift warning]

I learned a trick for doing searches. I just use google and entered “what to do with empty primer trays”. Several forums will show in the results and Enos forums are always there

Another way to use google to search a specific site is to add "Site:" (quotes not required) then the name of the site and finally the search term. 

The example below would search Enos forum for '9 major'.

site:forums.brianenos.com 9 major

18 hours ago, muncie21 said:

Another way to use google to search a specific site is to add "Site:" (quotes not required) then the name of the site and finally the search term. 

The example below would search Enos forum for '9 major'.

site:forums.brianenos.com 9 major

Great tip, thanks

If I am mailing a small item that may break or puncture out of the padded envelope (for example a Glock connector or some fragile part) I put it in a federal tray first.

This allows the part to be protected while keeping the package lightweight and still be able to be sent first class under 4 oz.

They federal trays are also great catch all trays.  My Dillon 550 has a habit of spitting out  spent primers on my bench like spent sunflower seeds for some odd reason and once I figured out where they were going, put a tray there and pretty much took care of the problem.

For a few years now I have been saving a bunch of trays in the hopes of having an "Ah ha!" moment.  No luck yet. 

Edited by Sniperboy

I have several of the large Federal trays with the reinforcing ribs cut out to use for gun parts or a few rounds of ammo.

Doesn't say what to do with the large numbers a regular shooter accumulates, though.

I don't know why they don't mold in recycle code numbers.  My city only takes 1 and 2; PET and HDPE. 

Maybe a dumb topic but as I was hunting and pecking to fill 12 primer tubes today I started to wonder what I could do with the little 100 hole primer packaging trays.  Anybody figured out a way to repurpose these things.  

Empty primer trays fit perfectly inside of a trash bag. That’s where I store mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...