Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Followed Threads List Keeps Clearing...

I posted this a while  in “Bugs & Technical Issues...” but haven’t had any replies. The “manage followed content” tool could be a valuable resource but it ain’t working for me.

In any case, for some reason I never realized it before... I looked at my “Manage Followed Content” link to look at a thread I know I had been following— but hadn’t received any new post notifications in a while— and noticed ALL of my “Followed” threads had disappeared. Thinking it was a glitch, I signed out then back in and still zero followed threads. And I had several. So I went back and looked up some that were important to me, “followed” them, checked off “EMAIL NOTIFICATION INSTANTLY” and double checked my list. Went back today, all 9 or 10 threads were gone AGAIN! Anyone have any idea why?

I just followed this thread, and it is showing up in my followed content. I will admit though, I had followed other content before, but my followed content was also empty. I tried to check the instant email notification, but apparently forum software prohibits that function. Try to leave the one email per day checked...and, as far as I can remember, I never got any email notifications from any of the previous threads I had followed. 

What device are you using to access the forum? 

Thanks for the reply. Threads (I'm following) show up for about a day, then poof! Gone the next. I use a laptop with Windows 10 ), iPad Pro and Galaxy S10+. Same deal with all platforms. Perplexing....

12 hours ago, Solsand said:

Thanks for the reply. Threads (I'm following) show up for about a day, then poof! Gone the next. I use a laptop with Windows 10 ), iPad Pro and Galaxy S10+. Same deal with all platforms. Perplexing....

I'm having the same problem.  I added a thread to follow, and it was gone the next day (today).  However, the other thread I follow that was added some time ago still shows up.

Ehhh, was hoping it was something simple but it seems not. Haven't ever had this issue on any other forums but I'll live with it. FWIW, I haveresorted to  screenshots of threads I want to follow so I can at least have a way of going back to review when I need to research a problem or issue...

2 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

Try this. Follow the thread, and click recieve daily emails, and also click show that I follow box. That seems to be working for me.

I’m going to try checking the box for “Let others see that I follow.” Hoping that helps because I wasn’t doing that. Also, very appreciative to everyone for their input and comments. Great forum.

10 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

Did that work? 

I wanted to wait a little bit before I commented but so far, yes... it seems to have fixed my issues. I know at least a couple others had complained of the same issue so hopefully they’re following the thread. I really appreciate the help and feedback from everyone!

I keep having issues.  I have been following the topic "Mark 7 - general Discussion" for some time, and it disappeared overnight, again.  The other two topics and two forums I have been following remained active, for now at least.  

1 hour ago, BiknSwans said:

I keep having issues.  I have been following the topic "Mark 7 - general Discussion" for some time, and it disappeared overnight, again.  The other two topics and two forums I have been following remained active, for now at least.  

Not that I have any ideas how to fix this (my list is still surviving) but what hardware and software are you using to access the forum?

On 5/11/2020 at 9:10 AM, ChuckS said:

Not that I have any ideas how to fix this (my list is still surviving) but what hardware and software are you using to access the forum?

I don't believe that the hardware and software I'm using makes any difference as this is a website issue.

But, I'm using a 27" iMac, Safari browser, and the latest Mac OS.

Another followed topic was dropped overnight.  I'll dutifully add it back now.  Strange stuff.

This was happening to me also. I use Windows 10 with Opera browser. I tagged this thread and so far it's staying. One thing I did do differently was allow e-mails now.