Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

105gr loads

17 hours ago, TeedOff said:

After trying a handful of 100 grainers at a match yesterday, I went ahead and ordered a couple thousand 95 grainers to play with. The ones I tried had a really nice feel so I’m hopeful I can get a similar result.

Hey brotha, what makes you prefer these lighter bullets over the heavier ones? Hows the recoil impulse?

Hey brotha, what makes you prefer these lighter bullets over the heavier ones? Hows the recoil impulse?

More load development and testing needed, but what I’ve seen so far is the recoil and dot movement is near zero.

I have tried Everglades 95gr JHP with Prima V at 1400-1450fps (135pf ish). I shot it through my 13/16 Taccom barrel that has 2 vertical ports and Taccom 3stg.

The dot was very shaky looking in recoil but the dot didn't move off from the center much compared to 124 or 147gr.

It felt like I almost had to let the gun work itself then trying to manage the recoil. I think with heavier buffer system like Blitz Hydraulic HD with spacer, I will have less shake in recoil.

However, I still like 124gr in my pcc. 

Edited by hwansikcjswo

I've been shooting Xtreme 100gr rnfp over 4grs. titegroup in a 16" guard. Sights move about half as much as my 147gr plated over 3.2 titegroup, and the action feels like it cycles quicker as well. It will shoot a 2" group @25yds, possibly better if the indoor benches were long enough to get a bag under the stock.

I developed this load as a cheap pcc plinker round to use at the pistol cartridge only indoor range at my club when in the winter.  I'm not a competition shooter or anything, I just shoot for fun.