Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

105gr loads

No not in a pcc. When I first started shooting pistol about 5 yrs ago I tried all 3 in it but couldn't tell any difference, so I just went with what I thought was middle of the road and also learned that 9mm was first designed with 124 in mind.

But I have recently been reading here where Max Leograndis has now gone to 100 gr. So who knows....

If you want some 124s I can give you some to try if you want.

Edited by egd5
2 minutes ago, egd5 said:

No not in a pcc. When I first started shooting pistol about 5 yrs ago I tried all 3 in it but couldn't tell any difference, so I just went with what I thought was middle of the road and also learned that 9mm was first designed with 124 in mind.

But I have recently been reading here where Max Leograndis has now gone to 100 gr. So who knows....

If you want some 124s I can give you some to try if you want.

Just realized you were also in Little Rock. I might take you up on that offer. I'll of course pay you for them, but it'd be nice to try before making a change.

21 minutes ago, assaultthesalt said:

Been running 100 grainers for a year now.Pushing them at 1400 fps out of 14.5" MBX barrel. Love em ! First batch ran 1310fps.Very little difference between the 2 loads.

Are you running coated lead or jacket bullets I have some 95gr r/n coated bullets on order to try out. I’m shooting 115 s right now with 3.4 grs of aa#2 with very good results just like to experiment lol.

After trying a handful of 100 grainers at a match yesterday, I went ahead and ordered a couple thousand 95 grainers to play with. The ones I tried had a really nice feel so I’m hopeful I can get a similar result.

2 hours ago, TeedOff said:

After trying a handful of 100 grainers at a match yesterday, I went ahead and ordered a couple thousand 95 grainers to play with. The ones I tried had a really nice feel so I’m hopeful I can get a similar result.

What were the differences you noticed?

What were the differences you noticed?

Recoil and dot movement was almost zero. Very nice shooting.

Edit: By no movement I mean pulling the trigger as fast as possible and not leaving a 10” plate at 18 yards.

5 hours ago, TeedOff said:

Teed off what kind of bullets and where are you buying your bullets?

just got a case of 100gr HB 100gr bullets.......anyone care to share their loading secrets on a 100 gr bullet for PCC ?   I have these powders:  CFE Pistol.... Sport PIstol & Tite Group....and please share PF and COL  !  

thanks,

Hadn't really thought about going down in weight for a PCC.  Seems the opposite of the heavy bullet/fast powder that most people go with for the Prod/CO loads.

Are most people doing this going with copper or coated lead?  Looking at around 1300FPS to have a margin on PF with a 100gr.  

1 hour ago, aandabooks said:

Hadn't really thought about going down in weight for a PCC.  Seems the opposite of the heavy bullet/fast powder that most people go with for the Prod/CO loads.

Are most people doing this going with copper or coated lead?  Looking at around 1300FPS to have a margin on PF with a 100gr.  

I can only speak to the 147s as I haven't shot anything else in PCC. The recoil is soft, but the dot bounces too much and too slowly. I don't have anything to compare it to, but it can't be ideal. 124s seem to be the most popular, but Max (and I'm told Miculek) are going to the 100/105 range.

1 hour ago, aandabooks said:

Some very early PCC guys thought light bullets would be best but it never gained much traction. I guess maybe it’s coming full circle?

14 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Some very early PCC guys thought light bullets would be best but it never gained much traction. I guess maybe it’s coming full circle?

I think people were originally thinking of using lighter bullets to get more powder and gas to work the comp. However, there's just not much gas in a 16" barrel regardless of what load you use, so I think the reasoning behind the lighter bullets is more about having the quickest recoil impulse possible... which should translate to a dot that returns fastest.

10 minutes ago, motherFNbrandon said:

For anybody using 95-100gr plated, where are you getting your bullets from?

Berrys 100gr plated are only rated to max 1250fps which would be min power factor. need a little more headroom.

I think Berrys are what Max is using, so...