Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3D printed items...

Have you printed something to make reloading a little easier?

Here's a bottle adapter I printed for my spent primers on my Hornady LnL AP. Fits 2L and bottles with that threading. This one is off of a sparkling ice flavored water bottle... 17oz/ ~500ml

20200502_163746.jpg

Edited by two shoes

13 minutes ago, stick said:

my son printed me a few of the knobs for the Dillon Powder measure.   had to tap them on with a brass hammer, but they work well.

That's awesome! I am using my kids printer... I asked him to teach me how to do it as he took a class in high school. He said just go to TinkerCad and figure it out, you're smart enough... I wasn't sure how to take that... lol. I've used his printer a lot more than he has lately. He said they only did design and sent the file to the teacher to slice and print. I've got just a basic handle on the process, but things are turning out pretty good so far. Would love to see a pic of his handiwork.

24 minutes ago, mvmojo said:

I use OpenSCAD, a free downloadable 3D CAD modeller program.  Pretty easy to use once you wrap your head around working in the Z axis as well as in X & Y!  

https://www.openscad.org/downloads.html

Thanks for sharing! I think I have an ok grasp on TinkerCad so I'd like to move to the next level, I'll check it out.

I’m using Fusion360 which is a good bit more powerful and very easy to learn, and a Prusa Mk3S I built from a kit last week.

I have a few unique ideas for 3D printed Dillon accessories forthcoming. My wife and I are going to be building an Etsy store and buying an Enos vendor space for them, as a matter of fact.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

14 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I’m using Fusion360 which is a good bit more powerful and very easy to learn, and a Prusa Mk3S I built from a kit last week.

Very nice!
My kid has the Creality Ender 3 Pro, but I can see where dual extruders would be an awesome upgrade for water soluble support or multiple colors. Maybe one for me as he is going to college next year...

58 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@two shoes this was one extruder: you simply change filaments when prompted by the printer and it continues working!

Holy Cow! I was looking at the Prusa site last night and had seen the 5 color loader! The Ender 3 Pro doesn't have that kind of versatility, but it was cheap enough for a Christmas present for the kid.