Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eley 38 SC Brass

falconpilot

7 hours ago, falconpilot said:

I know Starline is great brass..just wondering about Eley..no one tried it? Considering it for practice brass that I don’t have to scramble around to pick up..

How much is the Eley brass?  I can't imagine that great a differential with Starline to just leave it on the ground. 

although i did some quick math and its around the same price to buy all the parts needed to reload vs just buying 1k from them. 

my calculations included 1k starline brass, 1 lb AA7, CCI SMR primers, and 1k blue bullets. 

Im coming up about 20$ higher on Eleys end, but that could account for profit margin

1 minute ago, Balakay said:

How much is the Eley brass?  I can't imagine that great a differential with Starline to just leave it on the ground. 

349 for 1k loaded.

I would imagine they probably get some kind of dealers pricing on the starline brass. 

if the public pays 160 per 1k for it id assume they probably get it for around 100 a k and less if they buy huge amounts

I dont have anything supporting this, just my educated guessing. 

still not enough to make it profitable i dont think......not vs all the time they would need to load it all.  even if they are just pressing a button on a tablet and watching it load itself theres still man hours involved in having someone refill primers or powder catch...etc

I'm looking at Eley brass, not loaded rounds. It's selling for right at .15 per round....it's about .04 cheaper than Starline - I was thinking it might be an option for practice brass..I'd still pick it up but wouldn't be stress over finding every last round. The quality of the brass is what I'm really inquiring into here...

I run a 9 major right now but looking very hard at buying a SV in 38SC.....just trying to weigh and figure out all the brass options for 38SC..

9 minutes ago, falconpilot said:

I'm looking at Eley brass, not loaded rounds. It's selling for right at .15 per round....it's about .04 cheaper than Starline - I was thinking it might be an option for practice brass..I'd still pick it up but wouldn't be stress over finding every last round. The quality of the brass is what I'm really inquiring into here...

I run a 9 major right now but looking very hard at buying a SV in 38SC.....just trying to weigh and figure out all the brass options for 38SC..

https://www.precisiondelta.com/products/starline-38-super-comp-brass-3-000-pieces/
3000 pieces of new Starline for 435