Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help with Mr. Bullet Feeder on my 1050

I either get no bullets to drop or I get 2. What am I missing? It's on a 1050 loading 38 SC, 124 gr JHP.

If I mover the bullet dropper down any more, as little as 1/8 of a turn when I get two bullets then they stack on each other and I get them piled up into the die body.

If I mover it higher the 1/8 of a turn when I get two bullets to drop none come out

Two bullets normally mean the spring system is not loose enough... Meaning the bullet dropper part is being held in the air by the spring for just long enough to drop two bullets.

Adjust the die down so it always drops at least one bullet (2 fine)... THEN adjust location of hopper so the spring can extend long enough without tension. If you have to stretch the spring a VERY little (two much and you will kill it), that is fine too.

One problem many have is to put bullet feeder way over to the side of the die. Too far to one side will cause spring to pull die dropper to side (imagine how that causes extra friction in the drop).

Alternative to this is to buy one of the many dropper spring kits which adds force to slide the die closed. 

Here is a thread with ideas on that last thing... 

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/277796-mr-bullet-feeder-die-issue-solved/

Good luck!

Along with the recommendations above I suggest going to youtube and looking up the MBF troubleshooting videos. They are excellent and will help you cure the problem. You really don't need add on accessories if the MBF is working as it should.

5 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Along with the recommendations above I suggest going to youtube and looking up the MBF troubleshooting videos. They are excellent and will help you cure the problem. You really don't need add on accessories if the MBF is working as it should.

Completely agree with this. A lot of folks do add drop springs, etc. I have never needed to do that because of the way I position my collator. Some folks want it way out of the way... That likely causes most of the problems. 

28 minutes ago, DJRyan13 said:

Completely agree with this. A lot of folks do add drop springs, etc. I have never needed to do that because of the way I position my collator. Some folks want it way out of the way... That likely causes most of the problems. 

👍

I concur no additional parts needed, I have my 1050 set up running 38SC and using a 124 grain bullet no issues.  If you need me to take a picture or a video let me know.  You can also check the die and make sure that the holes were the BBs go in and out are clear of debris.  My 223 bullet drop had a tiny sliver of plastic from the drilling and hung it up sometimes.  The MBF tech walked me through it when I called in for support.  Good customer service.

Mine needed the Armanov spring kit, but it runs like a dream now.  Loaded 1k this morning without a single hiccup from the bullet feeder or the priming station.  Even with the change from a 147 JHP to a 147 FMJ.  

• 3 weeks later...

I had issues when I tried to load 147s after having zero issues loading lighter bullets.  I found the weight of the 147 gr bullets caused the spring to compress which caused the Double Alpha Dropper Die to deflect.  I figured out the DA dropper die cannot have excessive pressure at the top of the die pulling it in any direction.  This deflection causes the dropper to not operate properly.  I ended up cutting the spring down do the 147 gr bullet wouldn't compress the spring.   Be very careful on how much spring you cut, because you can obviously cut the spring chute too short which would cause other issues.  You can always cut more, you cant add once you have cut it down.  I also needed to adjust the position of the dropper mounted to the case dropper to get the proper angle so bullets would drop but would not deflect the DA dropper die.  All of the issues disappeared once the DA Dropper die was not deflected.  Something else to look for is the DA Dropper die making contact with the powder drop.

If this does not make sense or need more clarification for a better understanding of what I am talking about don't hesitate to ask.