Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Magnetic Moonclip Holders

I got a pack of DAA moonclip holders however it seems that the magnet is a bit too strong for me. I suppose I could hit the gym more often but the moon lips are held so strongly that they pull the belt (and my pants) along for the ride.

Is there anything I can do to take it down a notch? Maybe some tape or moleskin on top of the posts? Right now I’m using TK blued moonclips, would stainless be a better option?

Thanks.

Yes, stainless would be better.  I occasionally have a moon fly off my belt, I should say very rarely but I've just added more posts.  I ran out during a stage at the Northwest Reg. last year.

I use TK stainless for my 929 moons and TK Blue for 327 moonclips.    There is a significant difference in the strength of the magnets.  The blue clips have a higher carbon content so the magnet is stronger.

highly recommend the stainless ones for the DAA moonclip holders

Either get stainless clips, or get a bigger belly that holds down the belt quite effectively. You can get clips online, while you can get beer at your local grocery store. Each has its pluses and minuses... 🙂