Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Henning Red Dot sight plate with a Sig XL and Stock 2

RGC

Hello,

In most cases, the Sig XL will work with RTS2 configured mounts as the locator posts match up....but the Sig XL has a little longer front overhang.

Anyone know how the Henning dovetail mount fits up?  It does not say anything about the 3XL on the part description.  I am wondering if the rear sight plate sits level with the top of the Stock 2 slide when fit (then the 3XL should work) or if its slightly below the top rib of the slide (therefore it would not work as the longer dot would not clear the slide top).

Any try or using these combos?

I just received one and before I install it wanted to check.  But it certainly looks like it will sit flush.  If not slightly recessed (and in that case the XL will not work)....

Yes, but Henning replied saying they have nothing for this red dot.......?   And that they were expecting something later in the year.......

Edited by RGC

Maybe they mean better locator pins.  There are better options for the R3 than the tiny shallow things for the RTS, but it does fit and work on the RTS mount.

Possibly.

Fits up fine though.....likely get rid of it when my custom slides come in though but its definitely excellent in the meantime.

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, shred said:

The mounts hold up way better than the dots.  No issues with the mount in probably 10-15K rounds.

Thanks good to know. which dots have you killed so far? I have a Romeo xl and original romeo 3. I was thinking about getting an SRO but have heard those dont hold up any better.

Deltapoint Pro (older version) and a couple Romeo 3 Max's.  Btw, it's not obvious with the Henning plate that there are two extra tapped holes and setscrews that are tightened into the back of the TF sight cut.  Getting those tight does help with vibration on the mount a lot.

• 3 weeks later...