Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 MBX mags... Is this normal?

avastcosmicarena

Just bought & received 2 full size 2011 mags from MBX. I'm not sure that this would really affect function, other than possibly letting more dirt into the mag, but is this kind of inconsistency normal? The bottom of the mag on the left is cut much higher up than the other. Am I just being OCD? This seems sloppy to me. For the cost of these things, I would expect more consistency.

image.png.d906a72d4e887d9d503c3e2b9afba925.png

image.png.dc6b126d04807d2eb6396307ca24241c.png

image.png.8a175652651a4729e19b8eb45d706a3b.png

Edited by avastcosmicarena

1 minute ago, avastcosmicarena said:

I could. Was just seeing if it was a normal thing or not before bothering to do that.

Wouldn't the manufacture be the best resource to know if something is "Normal" or not? Verses random opinions from people on a forum who have nothing to do with the manufacture of the product? 

It’s completely normal as the mags are stamped and hand finished. You can email Adrian at mbxextreme@gmail.com or myself at brook.mbxextreme@gmail.com

here are some photos of my match mags all run flawless without any issue 

433FDAC7-BD2C-4D7D-9441-9E626B232966.jpeg

C3C5B806-C8C1-40CC-8E68-4B47F9A813A0.jpeg

Edited by Bwillis

2 hours ago, CHA-LEE said:

Wouldn't the manufacture be the best resource to know if something is "Normal" or not? Verses random opinions from people on a forum who have nothing to do with the manufacture of the product? 

often times one will get much closer to truth when asking owners of a product rather than the manufacturer. Not saying that's the case here but we all know companies hate the expense of making things right in general. If they work fine I guess it's a non issue but when paying a lot for something there are higher expectations. Would we be fine with a custom gun builder if the replaced an extractor and "forgot" to blend it with the back of the slide? I mean heck, it still works right?

32 minutes ago, Sarge said:

often times one will get much closer to truth when asking owners of a product rather than the manufacturer. Not saying that's the case here but we all know companies hate the expense of making things right in general. If they work fine I guess it's a non issue but when paying a lot for something there are higher expectations. Would we be fine with a custom gun builder if the replaced an extractor and "forgot" to blend it with the back of the slide? I mean heck, it still works right?

I guess I can agree with that stance, but to me its easier and more reliable to simply go to the source for specific product answers to things like this. Why not give the manufacture the chance to address the question up front before starting a useless thread on a forum? I guess I am just tired of people being lazy about this stuff.

Edited by CHA-LEE