Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow 2 SA Blue

CzEnthusist

When I got my S2 back in 2017 I switched from a Glock to the S2 for 3 gun. Because there were no restrictions on changing it to SAO, I did so. I have love the S2 from the day I got it. The S2 blue is just an S2 with a SAO trigger so, unless I am mistaken, It is as accurate as any DA S2 after the first shot. This being said, if money were no object, I would definitely go with the S2 orange. They are factory hand fitted, which I would think is a great benefit. It is not a worked over S2 off the shelf and then turned into an S2 orange...it began its life by becoming an S2 orange on the armorers bench. As far as the barrel bushing goes...I can’t speak to that because I have never shot an CZ customs Accushadow2 or the CZ factory built S2 orange....but I would certainly believe the 1911 style bushing creates a much better fit than the factory slide bushing. If you look at the price of an S2 orange vs an S2 blue...the value is certainly there to spend the extra money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I think I am leaning towards the S2 orange or the SP-01 Orange, I really like how a 1911 commander feels vs a government so  I might go with the SP-01.

I can’t help you with that decision. Which is better...the SP-01 or the Shadow 2? I won’t engage that discussion because I will get a verbal beatdown in short order. Haha. There is a lot of opinions in both directions there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 6:10 PM, CzEnthusist said:

Thanks, I think I am leaning towards the S2 orange or the SP-01 Orange, I really like how a 1911 commander feels vs a government so  I might go with the SP-01.

A little late to your post. I have a SP-01 Shadow Orange (sku 91764) and I love it. Converted it to SAO and it is a really great gun to shoot. In fact I have several Wesson and Wilson 1911s and I shoot this gun far better than the 1911s. I also have a CZ 75 Bull Shadow that  CZC converted to SAO when I bought it. I shoot it extremely well also.

There is just something about the CZ's that they feel so good in the hand. I would not hesitate in the least to purchase either of these guns.

Oh and by the way, one of the main reasons for me getting these two guns was they are both close in weight to the 1911.  I felt the Shadow 2 and the TSO were exceptionally heavy.