Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taccom Delayed Buffer system vs. PCC Adjustable Recoil

Has anyone done a side by side comparison of the two?

I shot a 3 stage adjustable for a couple of years in USPSA... then moved over to the MPX last year. 

I’m bored and looking to try a blowback gun again... and I’m curious what I’ll gain with the delay system and what potential drawbacks (if any are) exists. 

If it matters, planning to go with the 13/16 Extreme Feed barrel. Will be loading out my own 115gr load to reach 130-132PF

Same goes for the bolts. What are the gains and drawbacks of the various configurations:

- ESSB + Delayed 

- ESSB + Adjustable 

- Standard bolt + Delayed

- Standard bolt + Adjustable 

If anyone’s played out these configurations, I’d like to hear your feedback before I spend the money and as always, the expertise of @TRUBL is always appreciated. 

Went ahead and orders the ESSB and the delayed recoil system. If I don’t care for it; can always go back to what I know. It’s just money. Gotta spend those Trumpie bucks on something. 🤷‍♀️

I haven’t used the adjustable recoil system in a personal build but have shot a friends briefly. I prefer the delayed blowback and have been running it pretty much since it came out. I had some problems with the inner bushing shedding some small slivers of plastic and gumming up the system for the first 3-400 rounds. I sent Tim a message and of course he was ready to swap it out for free if needed, but I guess it just had some rough machining that wore down and has been flawless ever since. Best feeling setup I’ve shot to date between it and the adjustable systems from Taccom and MBX. 

• 2 weeks later...

From their website: We do not recommend (nor is it needed) to shorten the stroke on the TACCOM delayed blow back system. However, the ESSB will allow for more dwell time on the disconnector of your trigger and help eliminate doubles with lower power rounds.

16 hours ago, John Boy said:

From their website: We do not recommend (nor is it needed) to shorten the stroke on the TACCOM delayed blow back system. However, the ESSB will allow for more dwell time on the disconnector of your trigger and help eliminate doubles with lower power rounds.

The reason for that is the system moves faster and is lighter, which you can do because of the delay.