Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Wesquire

Why 40+ round mags?

2 hours ago, ARBilly said:

Gunmagwarehouse has all the ETS mags and the 40 round may be on sale. I found the 40 round to easy to load 40 rounds and seat on a closed bolt. 

I also just got a couple of 40 rounders ETS. I experienced what you did, even with 40 rounds in it, it's easy to insert and seat on a closed bolt. With my the 33 rounders Glock mags, I have to download them to 30 on "start empty" stages or stages with reloads. Need to buy more ETS!

I just ordered another ETS 40 round mag plus six 17 round mags from Botach Tactical.  With tax and shipping it came to $103.

Posted (edited)

I prefer to use ETS 40s rather than factory Glock 32s and a TF extension... I've been playing the gun games a long time, and the junction between the extended mag base and mag tube, even if beveled, is a potential problem for an aw crap if the follower does not make the transition smoothly....

Edited by Les Snyder

Shoot a Texas Star or Polish Plate Rack in a match when you haven't shot one in years and you'll appreciate the extra rounds.

On 6/27/2020 at 11:37 PM, SteelCityShooter said:

ETS's own web site lists the 40 round magazines and shows them in stock.

Thanks. I totally missed that. Just saw the 31 rounders and that’s it. 

On 6/28/2020 at 7:46 AM, TRUBL said:

two words: spring life

Just because you have the ability to run 56 rounds......don't make a habit of it, you'll wear out springs in no time. Same is true with 33's and a plus 10 base pad......run it at 40 rounds and you will wear the spring out fast. BUT.....take a 56 round mag and put 35 to 40 in it and your spring will last for a very long long time.

That's why I change all my springs once a year.

Because nothing looks funnier/more ironic than someone who went to the expense of a 5lb PCC shooting with a 60 round (loaded) mag on a 30 round COF?? 🙂