Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Opinions on Ballistic Advantage BA Hanson barrels?

minnesota1

Just curious as to everyone's opinions on them.  I was looking at their 223 wylde in 16"-18" for 3 gun.  Thoughts?  Opinions?  Others that are better choices at about that price range or a little more or less?

Thanks.

I like the brand and have owned several good ones but never tried the Hanson profile because I thought it'd be heavy, I tend to look at weight first but I'm probably wrong. 

Edited by Frankly

Very happy with accuracy and fit of mine (I have 2 right now), only thing I can't comment on is longevity. For the prices and free shipping deals out there on them even if they last half as long as some options they are still probably a bargain.

With Frankly on weight - something like the Faxon Gunner or Pencil may be more appropriate if that's a concern, also been very happy with my 16" faxon. 

13 minutes ago, Frankly said:

I like the brand and have owned several good ones but never tried the Hanson profile because I thought it'd be heavy, I tend to look at weight first but I'm probably wrong. 

The Hanson is still a light weight barrel. They eliminate all the hard shoulders to help minimize whip.  It is their flagship and like all of their barrels it has a sub moa guarantee

I run the BA pencil rather than the Hanson, and the fit and finish was very good, with superb accuracy.  Maybe 1500rds through it so far, but it's performed very well.  I broke it in... by doing rapid fire at steel targets with frangible ammo, then forgot to clean it for a few range trips.  

I was impressed with their overall quality, and would buy from them again, so I'd have no reservations on the Hanson series either.