Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Colt 1911 for open ?

john pen

Long time lurker here.. I’m currently shooting CO with my 1911 in 38 Super. I’m ready to move to open and, of course, on a budget. My thoughts were to build up what I have. Single stack is not a problem for me as I live in NY, and I’m guessing if I get to the point of shooting out of state matches, I’d prob move into a new gun. My other option is to find an old single stack 1911 open gun, but I worry about them being beat or having issues.. ..thoughts and opinions ? 

4 hours ago, teros135 said:

You're shooting CO with a 1911?  Single action (i.e., 1911) isn't allowed in CO, is it?

if they approved this SA gun why not 1911.?😉

from the beginning  of ipsc  1911 SS was the best choice for open gun.

Edited by yigal

I tried the poverty pony way of going into open for a long time.  I took an M&P 2.0 and turned it into a 9 major gun.  Was it a cool experiment? Yes.  Did it help me get through my first few matches?  Barely since something broke every other match because of 9 major pressures.  If you want to go into open i suggest not playing the poverty game and just going into open correctly.  Save up a few paychecks and buy an open gun...hell theres a few on here that are worth it.  But do it the right way, because the other way just leads to more money and more headache