Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aftermarket X5 slide

sheepdog566

2 hours ago, sheepdog566 said:

I would like to run my Legion in both USPSA carry optics and 3gun tactical optics. Thinking of having two slides one with RDS and one iron sights. Does anyone know of an aftermarket slide which will fit the X5 Legion?

I don't know why a 4.7" slide wouldn't work for you.

I have this one as my "optic slide".

It's cut for RM1P or DPP.

OOS currently

https://osagecountyguns.com/sig-sauer-8900142.html

23 hours ago, m700 said:

Norsso claims to be working on it

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

They have been making that claim for almost a year now. Last person I talked to (June 2019) was pretty rude too, so even if they do ill keep my money in my pocket.

Edited by PewPewJohnson87

2 hours ago, Lowsc3 said:

Id want to use my same barrel and swap slides wouldn't it look kinda silly if the barrel stuck out a lot?

No.

Your barrel is only .3 inches longer.

P320 threaded barrels are much longer than that.

And the 4.7" slide would match your dust cover length.

I have an OEM length Faxon barrel in my 4.7" Pro slide.

I wish the barrel was .3" longer (P320 OEM barrel length is a little short, IMO)

:)

Sort out the RSA situation before you buy.

P320F and X-Five/Legion use different rods.

You would probably have to purchase a P320F rod.

I decided to fully populate my 2nd upper.

Edited by DirectDrive

On 4/29/2020 at 8:25 AM, DirectDrive said:

Back in stock at the Mothership as I type this.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/xseries-optic-ready-slide-assembly-black-nitronr-4-7.html

I've seen it labeled "Professional Series" elsewhere.

A very good slide that solves the problems of the earlier slide.

Do you know if it has the rmr/sro holes as well?

35 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Do you know if it has the rmr/sro holes as well?

I called and asked this yesterday and was told yes. I asked twice to confirm. I was told all the slides come off the same line and should all be the same now.  I ordered a Pro-cut 4.7"slide yesterday based on that conversation and it shipped today so I'll update when it's delivered.  Call and ask for Mike Chandler.

50 minutes ago, Michael303 said:

I called and asked this yesterday and was told yes. I asked twice to confirm. I was told all the slides come off the same line and should all be the same now.  I ordered a Pro-cut 4.7"slide yesterday based on that conversation and it shipped today so I'll update when it's delivered.  Call and ask for Mike Chandler.

Nice.

You now have the best P320 slide.

But no Legion Membership for you !

😄

1 hour ago, Michael303 said:

Great. Thanks. 

smallgunparts.com sells legion slide assemblies as well as a lot of other sig parts, there prices are ok. You have to keep your eyes open though because once they get stuff in it usually doesnt last to long. 

On 4/27/2020 at 7:14 PM, Lowsc3 said:

Id want to use my same barrel and swap slides wouldn't it look kinda silly if the barrel stuck out a lot?

On 4/27/2020 at 9:37 PM, DirectDrive said:

No.

Your barrel is only .3 inches longer.

P320 threaded barrels are much longer than that.

And the 4.7" slide would match your dust cover length.

I have an OEM length Faxon barrel in my 4.7" Pro slide.

I wish the barrel was .3" longer (P320 OEM barrel length is a little short, IMO)

:)

Sort out the RSA situation before you buy.

P320F and X-Five/Legion use different rods.

You would probably have to purchase a P320F rod.

I decided to fully populate my 2nd upper.

The X-Five barrel will NOT fit in a standard Fullsize slide, because it’s a bull barrel. The length at that point is irrelevant.

OP, as others have stated several websites sell complete Legion slide assemblies when they’re in stock. You can put your name on a waiting list for one at Small Gun Parts and they’ll notify you when it’s in stock:

https://www.smallgunparts.com/Sig-P320-X5-Legion-Slide-Black

On 5/1/2020 at 10:54 PM, MaddHatter said:

Great. Thanks. 

Well sh*t.  The Pro Cut slide I bought was just delivered and it does not have holes for the SRO in spite of asking twice to confirm.  I think I'm going to see if I can get it drilled and tapped for the SRO and use the CHPWS filler plate.  Super disappointing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 12:09 PM, Michael303 said:

Well sh*t.  The Pro Cut slide I bought was just delivered and it does not have holes for the SRO in spite of asking twice to confirm.  I think I'm going to see if I can get it drilled and tapped for the SRO and use the CHPWS filler plate.  Super disappointing.

If you bought it from the Mothership, see if they will send you a shipping label to get it swapped to a slide that has been drilled and tapped for RMR/SRO.

Not an unrealistic request as RMR drilled/tapped slides are showing up in the wild.

They should do it, especially since you left instructions for them at checkout.

On 5/6/2020 at 7:03 PM, Rudukai13 said:

The X-Five barrel will NOT fit in a standard Fullsize slide, because it’s a bull barrel. The length at that point is irrelevant.

OP, as others have stated several websites sell complete Legion slide assemblies when they’re in stock. You can put your name on a waiting list for one at Small Gun Parts and they’ll notify you when it’s in stock:

https://www.smallgunparts.com/Sig-P320-X5-Legion-Slide-Black

Meh.

I'd consider grabbing a Professional Series 4.7" slide and fully populate it for my optic slide as a option.

Not easy to find although I found one for $279 minus barrel/RSA.