Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

625-8 5 inch

Makicjf

I'm trying really hard not to buy one at $700.  Really hard. That little inner voice says " you need it for limited 6 and USPSA major.  That inch of barrel over your JM REALLY matters.

I love my 625 JM, but I love more 45 caliber revolvers even more.

Somebody save me from myself.

Talk me out off it!

Jason

I have both. I have a 5" 625-2 (hammer mounted pin) original "Model of 1989" etched in the side of the barrel, and the JM model. The 5" is my favorite out of the 625 models. The JM is cool, but you're right; there's just something about that extra inch on the barrel. The gun is just straight up cool. I do plan on purchasing another "Model of 1989". I must say though, it's a challenge to shoot well. Unless you use Federal primers and load to perfect specs, you won't be able to get the hammer weight below 5lbs; otherwise you get a lot of light strikes. But that's part of the charm inho. When you struggle to shoot it well and accurately, it only serves to build your fundamentals in shooting your other platforms well. In other words, after spending 2 weeks just shooting my revos 625s, it make my shooting my 1911s and Glocks, and any DA/SA style guns a breeze to shoot. Anyways, that's all a side tangent. But if you're trying to decide on whether you should purchase it or not, I say go for it!! 100%

Here's a pic of my top 3 faves. The 625-2 model of 1989 is on the far right. Cheers. 7da94c26d2d59670d47bd756b466725d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hey you can't take that $700 with you at the end of days, so use it to keep going now!  As long as ya gots'a roof, full belly and maybe an understanding better half you'll enjoy the 625 more than the cash!

Sorry can't help you with salvation, just another one of the happy sinners here!

Better get it. At your skill level, you will really be able to put that extra inch of sight radius to good use! Besides, you already HAVE the moonclips, clip tools, holster, ammo, loading dies, etc. It's not like you would be starting a new caliber. And $700 is a pretty fair deal in this market. When all the quality revolvers are over $1000, you'll be glad you got it when you did. I have 4 625s. One more would still not be too many.

We can rationalize anything if we want to, right? This is the wrong place to look for reasons not to get another gun.

Edited by Toolguy

I'm glad I don't rely upon my prognostication skills for my livelihood!  I wrongly assumed no one would want a 6 shot major revolver:  apparently the whole world doesn't realize that revolvers are obsolete and six shot guns are no better than overly heavy, to0 low capacity inefficient paper weights.  Plus, we all "know" 45 ACP is an unnecessary, superfluous waste of 230 grains of lead. Who'd want a Fudd gun in an outdated Boomer cartridge...

When I went back to bid, someone had bought the 625 for $900.

I'll keep looking!

Jason

Edited by Makicjf

21 minutes ago, Makicjf said:

I'm thinking about killing to stones with one bird and picking up a 25-5 classic in 45 colt.  If its cut for clips, I get 45 colt and 45 acp .    

Jason

At one time I had a 1917 455 webley that had been converted to 45 long colt.  Got the biggest kick out of it.  Except for splitting every 5th fired case I preferred shooting it over the Brand New M28 using magnum loads.  Would use it to shoot frogs on the pond bank, the LC was so much more spectacular in its effects on the bank, probably never did hit any frogs with either.

Had a buddy who had a 625 LC version, he used 45 acp's with moon clips in it without being cut.  Always wanted one, ended up picking up a 325 Thunder Ranch to carry.

I have a 625-7 PC with the 5 1/4” barrel. Used to have 2 of them and wish I had never gotten rid of it. I think that it actually moved better than the full lugged barrel on a 625. You can find the 4” version all over but the 5 1/4” is not likely to show up anywhere. 

• 2 weeks later...

I say forget it.  I used to shoot my .45 wheelguns all the time.  But mine hadn't seen the light of day for so long, I finally gave one away to an old friend. 

The others just sit there in the safe.  The dark old safe.   

9 minutes ago, Carmoney said:

I say forget it.  I used to shoot my .45 wheelguns all the time.  But mine hadn't seen the light of day for so long, I finally gave one away to an old friend. 

The others just sit there in the safe.  The dark old safe.   

Um. If you’re in need of a friend to give guns to.... I may have an opening. 

Just now, MWP said:

Um. If you’re in need of a friend to give guns to.... I may have an opening. 

I give guns to my old friends.  You're my young friend.  You're just gonna hafta wait.  😉  

5 hours ago, Carmoney said:

I give guns to my old friends.  You're my young friend.  You're just gonna hafta wait.  😉  

Now I am old and last I knew I was your friend. I drive by your place all the time going to see my grandson. I can just stop by have a cigar and get a gift I could pass on to my grandson. 😁

Shot my first revolver match since blowing up my calf on day 3 of last year's uspsa nats.  

I shot the 4 inch 625, and after the first stage, it was a good day.  I shot  nearly all A's and was able to move my feet about 75% without pain.  I shot about 75-83% (9.23 seconds 56 points)on the 19-1 classifier. 9.23 seconds but palmed the 2nd shot, second target and through a high D. Oops.

I've really missed being able to move decently; I really missed shooting Revo, and had forgotten how cool Revo Major is.

My new 5 inch should be here this week! It's gonna be a good year.

Jason

On 5/10/2020 at 3:22 PM, pskys2 said:

Now Mike 2nd Chance started back up,  don't you think you could dust off just one of 'em and play?

My Second Chance gun is an 8-3/8" 7-shot Baumannize Model 27 that I bought from....coincidentally enough, Brian Enos.