Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Guy from Ohio

Flanntastic

2 hours ago, Flanntastic said:

New Guy from Ohio, live in Springboro, work in Monroe.   Shot the last Oxford USPSA event of 2019, want to shoot them all this year. 

We will be sure to cross paths. I shoot OXFORD, MRPC, MSC, DV, PCSI, ETC. :roflol:Let me know if I can help!

Oxford is cool

Don't forget Miami Rifle & Pistol and Dawg Valley.  Pickaway County Sportsmen (in Circleville) is only a little farther

Unfortunately, unless someone who is a member steps up to the plate, I think Miamisburg is done.

Edited by SGT_Schultz

1 hour ago, SGT_Schultz said:

Oxford is cool

Don't forget Miami Rifle & Pistol and Dawg Valley.  Pickaway County Sportsmen (in Circleville) is only a little farther

Unfortunately, unless someone who is a member steps up to the plate, I think Miamisburg is done.

MSC is back on track with a new interim MD Phil Sinewe

3 hours ago, Sarge said:

MSC is back on track with a new interim MD Phil Sinewe

Awesome.

I've been out of the loop since Larry stepped off, cancelling the Monday night shoots, and then this corona virus BS took off

Edited by SGT_Schultz

11 hours ago, SGT_Schultz said:

Awesome.

I've been out of the loop since Larry stepped off, cancelling the Monday night shoots, and then this corona virus BS took off

We are talking behind the scenes trying to figure out ways to safely get matches up and running but it’s not easy to get 80-100 people together without actually putting them together.LOL

NOT Sure when matches will start up. I’m waiting on the governor’s comments this afternoon to make a decision on Buckeye Blast. It’s just over a month out and I have no idea if we will hold it or not

4 hours ago, Sarge said:

We are talking behind the scenes trying to figure out ways to safely get matches up and running but it’s not easy to get 80-100 people together without actually putting them together.LOL

NOT Sure when matches will start up. I’m waiting on the governor’s comments this afternoon to make a decision on Buckeye Blast. It’s just over a month out and I have no idea if we will hold it or not

Personally, I think this has been a massive government overreaction and overreach.

Every day there are more than 100 people at my local Kroger wandering around in and out of the majik 12 foot circle surrounding everyone else....

Meanwhile elsewhere people are getting on with life........

Edited by SGT_Schultz

On 4/27/2020 at 3:50 PM, SGT_Schultz said:

Personally, I think this has been a massive government overreaction and overreach.

Every day there are more than 100 people at my local Kroger wandering around in and out of the majik 12 foot circle surrounding everyone else....

I agree with you, in fact i think the grocery stores that are "sterilizing" the carts between each customer...with the same rag are not doing anything.  The plastic bags over the charge card machines that never get changed... frankly germs spread if people are gross.  

For something that has a 98% survival rate people sure are going crazy.  

All that being said i thought that me posting matches would be entertainment for those who have been locked inside for some amount of time.....if posting them is just going to cause people to stress out then i can always just not...

On 4/27/2020 at 3:50 PM, SGT_Schultz said:

I tend to agree but like I said somewhere else, if we have a match and people hear a LOT of shooting eventually somebody will call. Then maybe cops show up and say we are violating several of the safety mandates. Even if they let us keep shooting it’s a matter of time before the , “gun nuts thumb their nose at governors plan to keep us safe”, news headline. I really don’t want to shoot our selves in the foot, figuratively or literally.😂

3 hours ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

I agree with you, in fact i think the grocery stores that are "sterilizing" the carts between each customer...with the same rag are not doing anything.  The plastic bags over the charge card machines that never get changed... frankly germs spread if people are gross.  

For something that has a 98% survival rate people sure are going crazy.  

All that being said i thought that me posting matches would be entertainment for those who have been locked inside for some amount of time.....if posting them is just going to cause people to stress out then i can always just not...

Dude, rock on.  Keep on posting vids.

I was using you as an example of what to do.

Hey man where I stay gun ranges are essential businesses. Our governor said essential businesses could stay open as long as they followed certain social distancing procedures. 

10 man squads and keeping our distance while shooting, along with having hand sanitizing stations at each stage sounds like social distancing procedures to me 😁

Also the entire order expires in a few days anyway. Ain't nothing wrong going on here!

On 4/26/2020 at 6:21 PM, SGT_Schultz said:

Oxford is cool

I didn't know Miami Rifle was doing much since Dana passed away.  

1 hour ago, Flanntastic said:

Miami Rifle and pistol in Milford, Ohio? Very active USPSA for well over the last 10 years. Who is Dana?

22 hours ago, Flanntastic said:

Miami Valley Shooting Grounds in Vandalia is doing OK.  Their store is nice and the indoor range is quite serviceable.  It's a deal at $12 per lane for as long as you want to shoot.

Evidently the city of Vandalia and a prominent businessman have an issue with MVSG and forced them to close their outdoor range.

Miami Rifle and Pistol Club is in Batavia (just east of Cincinnati on US 50) and it's probably the absolute best gun club in all of western Ohio.  Extremely active sport shooting programs in several rifle and pistol disciplines.  Thankfully no fudd shotgun sports.

Edited by SGT_Schultz