Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Redundant Post. Mod Please Close. Shooters World Major Pistol

SeattleDude

Mods Please Close. Dont want to clutter the forum.

I Will post in main Shooters World Major Pistol thread when I have more info.

Currently working with Shooters World support on lot to lot difference.

Edited by SeattleDude
Duplicate. Not enough info for new thread.

Damn, that is disappointing. Its going to be a few months before I can load test with my Feburary 2020 DOM lot. Do let us know what recourse Shooter's World offers you and how they handle the situation. Hope you are able to reach a feasible and painless solution with them to replace the powder.

12 minutes ago, kamber said:

Damn, that is disappointing. Its going to be a few months before I can load test with my Feburary 2020 DOM lot. Do let us know what recourse Shooter's World offers you and how they handle the situation. Hope you are able to reach a feasible and painless solution with them to replace the powder.

I hope so. I really enjoyed the SWMP when I purchased my first case of 10x 1lb bottles, but its going fast. 

Welcome to my world. In the other thread regarding this I explained I was interested in this powder as an alternative to 3N38 in 9maj to use 115’s. That’s a no go. 

After a lot of testing my results mimic yours almost exactly. I settled on 10.4g at my normal 1.170 with CCI 500’s & PD124’s.  This makes 170PF. I’ve loaded 1K like this and plan to just run them in practice and then evaluate. 

Regardless I don’t have much confidence in this powder. I seriously doubt I will purchase anymore due to obvious QC issues. 

Back to the business end of a chainsaw and tornado cleanup. Slow powder is way down on my priority list now. Have a good day all 

-PTR

13 hours ago, IDAHOAASHOOTER said:

Damn that sucks, I've been through a few lbs. I've been lucky,  I always had good luck with silhouette for 9 maj. 7.4 with a 124 pd at 1.165. Not as clean, but very consistent in my experience lot to lot 

I shot with Silhouette 7.6gr and CFE-P 7.2 and they work well, But  9.7/124 and 10.6/115 of SWMP by far flatter shooting in my Chaos. I would love to stay with it and will work with Shooters World to resolve this issue.

Why not just get Accurate arms AA#7  ? same formula better QC. These shooters world powders are just the old Accurate powders Lovex kept making after Accurate moved production.
I could see maybe dealing with it, if there was a huge price difference,, but last time I ordered AA#2  it was less than 25 cent a lb more than Cleanshot. The AA#2 branded version is actually a bit cleaner and bulkier, same burn rate, as it is the AA2 improved.

Edited by Joe4d

My 8# jug of MP has a lot code of 043019 514. The inside of the cases are so clean, it’s pretty amazing. It looks as though the brass has never been fired since it was cleaned. Are you seeing the same thing with your cases? If so, is it the same with the slower batches too?