Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zev Competition KC Gun Optic Options...if any?

Posvar

Does anyone own or has owned the grey KC long slide version that used or wanted a different optic than the Bushnell? The gun is calling me and I want to like it but having the slide cut for that optic is a challenge. I’d rather use an FTP Alpha 3, RTS2, or Romeo3 Max. It looks like a plate is not an option as the existing two holes in the slide are too close to the holes on the optic. There must be a way. Perhaps mill the slide? Help! 

you prob know, but their 'regular' length guns/slides are milled for the triji rmr/sro/etc footprint if any of those suit your fancy.  or do what i just did and just order the zev oz9 'bottom' and put on an aftermarket slide of your choosing (length, milling pattern, etc).

19 hours ago, davsco said:

you prob know, but their 'regular' length guns/slides are milled for the triji rmr/sro/etc footprint if any of those suit your fancy.  or do what i just did and just order the zev oz9 'bottom' and put on an aftermarket slide of your choosing (length, milling pattern, etc).

Yes. That’s a good idea. Still puzzled as to why they would put such an inferior optic on their flagship gun. Makes no sense 

except that with a plate, it will sit up just a little bit higher.  everything's a tradeoff...  glad you got it worked out.

Edited by davsco

It really won’t be much different than say a Sig X5 Legion with a plate and Romeo3 Max on top. It’s worth it to me to at least invest in a plate and see before I make the decision to sell or keep the Zev. The inferior Bushnell optic weighs that heavily on the decision unfortunately. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...