Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X5 Legion - did I lose a spring or did it never exist?

LMS

Just got my brand spanking new blaster yesterday, and promptly embarked on installing the GrayGuns straight competition trigger.

I watched Alma Cole's excellent video on how to do it (https://youtu.be/p_Legc6I1eQ), and even though the GG package is a little different than mine, it all made sense.  Sort of.  

In his disassembly out comes a "safety lifter spring" as he calls it, and it's on Sig's parts picker site as a "safety lever spring".

But, I did not see one of those when I took mine apart.   I really did not sense it flying off somewhere, and could not find it with a magnetic sweep of the floor.

Then I ran across this X5 Legion disassembly video (https://youtu.be/2nqPbLn0F3Y) which is more recent than the Alma Cole video, and he does not show that spring coming out or going in.   Makes me feel better, but I'd love to hear from the braintrust on Enos as to whether it's missing or is not part of the X5 Legion.

It's all back together and dry fires fine, but that word "safety" in the spring name has me concerned.

Thanks,

Edit - feeling better.   This Sig Sauer Guy video (https://youtu.be/IQaNPoJHfWg) also does not show it.   Phew.

Edited by LMS

Definitely pre upgrade part i spent hours ripping apart my basement before I called sig and they told me they took it out with the upgrade

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, m700 said:

Definitely pre upgrade part i spent hours ripping apart my basement before I called sig and they told me they took it out with the upgrade

Awesome - thanks.

9 hours ago, Posvar said:

There was another previous thread about it I think. You are good to go! Enjoy the blaster 

200 rounds down the pipe yesterday and it didn't blow up or go full auto, so I think I'm good!   🤓

Your Fine on the spring, I have a post upgrade X5 and when installing the GG trigger kit thought I'd lost it also. After a hour and a half search called Sig and it has been deleted from the gun with the upgrade.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/24/2020 at 6:23 PM, m700 said:

Same here. I remember describing this fictional spring to my wife and saying I don't know how I lost it. I was so careful. LOL.

Same here. I remember describing this fictional spring to my wife and saying I don't know how I lost it. I was so careful. LOL.
GG/sig probably cost collectively 1000's of hours with this. :)

1 hour ago, Boomstick303 said:

I wish I was on this board before I performed my first GG drop in trigger job using the Alma Cole video.  2 hours of my life I will never get back.  Good times.

haha - yea me too, but glad we know the truth now.

If you read the “disclaimer” fine print on GG’s website, the last line mentions the deletion of the spring.  It certainly was there when I got mine, more than a year and a half ago.  If not for that, I too would have made a 10 minute job into an hour...

3 hours ago, Archer said:

If you read the “disclaimer” fine print on GG’s website, the last line mentions the deletion of the spring.  It certainly was there when I got mine, more than a year and a half ago.  If not for that, I too would have made a 10 minute job into an hour...

Read a disclaimer?   That's a good one!   🤣