Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Right Side Mag Release

Meli2127

Does anybody have any information or the availability of a Right Side Mag Release for a STI DVC 2011?   I had seen one on youtube that was for a 1911 that was posted 5 years ago.  I don't seem to be able to find one.  Just trying to find out if there is even one available.

I've been through this before. Tried contacting whoever it was at Bullet Works and got no response. SVI makes a grip thats cut for a right side mag release for the same price as a new PT grip. Beyond that, there's not much. Ended up switching to CZ and everything is ambi so I got all I need now.

SV metal grips or LSI steel grip is what I’d suggest.

I have a few of the Mitchell mag buttons which work, but weren’t 100% reliable for dropping mags when I wanted to and would have to shake the mags out. That obviously kills you on classifiers. That being said I did make master with this method....  

• 2 weeks later...

I have exhausted all of my efforts and still can't obtain a right side mag release.  I actually was able to talk to Mitchell about obtaining one but he said he wasn't manufacturing any right now and just told me to send him an email for future reference.  I also checked LSI and couldn't find anything on there website.  If there is anybody that may want to get rid of one or have a spare laying around.  I would gladly purchase it from you.  This is getting frustrating when I go from right back to left.   This is what I presently have and every other gun that I have has the mag release on the right side.

IMG_0169.JPG.94d3c6e282e2358018a54dfe84aae7a9.JPG

On 5/6/2020 at 12:29 AM, Meli2127 said:

I have exhausted all of my efforts and still can't obtain a right side mag release.  I actually was able to talk to Mitchell about obtaining one but he said he wasn't manufacturing any right now and just told me to send him an email for future reference.  I also checked LSI and couldn't find anything on there website.  If there is anybody that may want to get rid of one or have a spare laying around.  I would gladly purchase it from you.  This is getting frustrating when I go from right back to left.   This is what I presently have and every other gun that I have has the mag release on the right side.

IMG_0169.JPG.94d3c6e282e2358018a54dfe84aae7a9.JPG

I'm 100% positive Glenn from LSI makes right side mag button steel grips as mentioned above.  Try emailing him...