Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wilson Combat Rocky Mountain Regional - Postponed until 8/22

(note: I have no affiliation with the match other than I'm shooting it)

Just got the notice that the WCRMR has been pushed back a few months:

2020 Wilson Combat Rocky Mountain Regional
WCRMR IDPA Shooters,

As a result of the Colorado State Covid 19 restrictions, Action Pistol Group has been forced to postpone the WCRMR to the weekend of August 22nd. Details on Practiscore have been updated. We are still planning a two day format, and hope you will able to change your schedule. If not, your match fee will be fully refunded.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Scott Martin
President, Action Pistol Group
WCRMR AMD

One of my friends had this go to his "junk" folder so I figured I'd post it here. Match link: https://www.practiscore.com/2020-rocky-mountain-regional/register

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, rowdyb said:

I saw some crazy points down totals.....

I'm not surprised.

• They always have "CSEC Standards", a standards-type stage with targets at 5, 7, 20, and 30 yards. You shoot two strings, one all freestyle, one weak-weak-strong-strong and the remainder freestyle. Broke my match last year (down almost 40) but managed to not stink up the joint this year.
  • Tons and tons of double drop turners and disappearing bobbers and leaners, including a few where two disappearing targets were triggered from the same popper
  • Several instances of reload traps if you weren't counting rounds
  • Everything around us was on fire and the air quality was approximately "the inside of a Traeger grill"

This was by far one of the best IDPA matches ever. No gimmicks. Challenging for all skill levels. Novice shooters could choose to activate movers one at a time and the MA/EX could activate multipole movers at same time. Several stages gave you choices of how to shoot it. Walt's stage designing was spot on. Not to mention a they have 20 bad ass bays!

1 hour ago, Diver123 said:

This was by far one of the best IDPA matches ever. No gimmicks. Challenging for all skill levels. Novice shooters could choose to activate movers one at a time and the MA/EX could activate multipole movers at same time. Several stages gave you choices of how to shoot it. Walt's stage designing was spot on. Not to mention a they have 20 bad ass bays!

100% agree. I went into it thinking that the stages looked way easier than the State championship last year (no exercise bikes, baby carriers, etc) but really, they were equally as tricky without being gimmicky. Even the props/gimmicks that were used, like the pool table, were integral to stage planning and not a pointless challenge element. I also appreciated that static targets were usually in close enough proximity to movers that you had the option of going activator-static-mover or activator-mover-static (as a revo dude... I usually did the latter, haha). Lots of ways to cut up the stages and scaled well to us capacity-challenged folk.

Easily the best IDPA match I've shot.

• 2 weeks later...

I contributed to some of those crazy points down totals.

Absolutely the Best Match I have ever been to.  Great People, Awesome Stages, Incredible Location, and a First Class Facility.  My final standings were not important - I did not DQ and

I had Serious FUN!  While seeing others exhibiting top level performances.   What a Great Event!

• 8 months later...
34 minutes ago, 0099 said:

This years RMR was very good.  My score was not however.

I thought so, too!

(About the match, not your score)

Very different stages from last year but still fun and challenging. Other than CSEC Standards, which is only the latter and almost broke my match.