Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BOSS hanger and QLS ?

Blue Jacket

It fits the ELS better. I actually replaced all mine with the TekLok style because the ELS/QLS pushed the gun out too far for USPSA rules. So i put in 1/4" spaces to make it legal but then the gap was too small for my thumb.

1 hour ago, broadside72 said:

It fits the ELS better. I actually replaced all mine with the TekLok style because the ELS/QLS pushed the gun out too far for USPSA rules. So i put in 1/4" spaces to make it legal but then the gap was too small for my thumb.

That’s what I was afraid of. 

15 minutes ago, DesertTortoise said:

To mount the holster to the hanger or to mount the hanger to the belt?

The BOSS hanger does not fit the Safariland ELS belt as it is 1.75" and the hanger is only 1.5". At least its not anywhere close to fitting mine.

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Blue Jacket said:

Holster to hanger. Want to be able to use hanger with multiple holsters 

The holes would be spaced 1/2" apart on the hanger section.  The QLS would align where you could mount it that way.  Put the female on the hanger and the male on your holsters.  You would then loose the offset of the hanger.

2 hours ago, aandabooks said:

The holes would be spaced 1/2" apart on the hanger section.  The QLS would align where you could mount it that way.  Put the female on the hanger and the male on your holsters.  You would then loose the offset of the hanger.

Thanks, I'll look at that tomorrow.  

5 hours ago, CClassForLife said:

Used 5/8" OD, 3/8" long nylon spacers from the hardware store. No need to drill any new holes.

side.jpg

top.jpg

Your hanger is on the belt backwards.  You'd get a little more distance from your hip if you put the small piece against your body and the long piece on the outside of the belt.  Less likely to have the long aluminum rub on your leg that way too.

2 hours ago, aandabooks said:

Your hanger is on the belt backwards.  You'd get a little more distance from your hip if you put the small piece against your body and the long piece on the outside of the belt.  Less likely to have the long aluminum rub on your leg that way too.

Used to have it the other way. Turned it around as rulebook was misread. Thanks for correcting my understanding.