Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA Carry Optics Frustration

RangerTrace

Take a look at whether you can put a very small safety lever on the left side of the gun and a larger one on the right side.  I don't know if that's possible or not but on my STI Steel Master I have a large shielded safety on the left side (I'm right handed) and a very small one on the right side, only because I had it and decided to try it.  It works for me.  On my other guns, I've removed the right side ambi safety altogether.

I've shot a bunch of rounds and over thought this issue for a couple months now.  I truly believe my issue is the new Gen2 STI grip with the supplied medium curved trigger is just a little bit too large for my short/fat fingers.  I've been pretty successful with SV Signature grips, Cheely E2 grips and Gen1 STI grips that were reduced and stippled.   So, in an attempt to correct my current situation, I'm having one Gen2 grip worked over by Extreme Shooters and all of my guns with get short curved triggers.  

Lefty here as well... sounds to me like you are focusing to hard on the dot at high speeds trying to make sure it is in the perfect spot and forgetting to prep the trigger during that time. Under the stress of "trying to shoot fast" I also tend to shoot low right when I jerk through the trigger.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, a_whole_lot_of_freedom said:

Lefty here as well... sounds to me like you are focusing to hard on the dot at high speeds trying to make sure it is in the perfect spot and forgetting to prep the trigger during that time. Under the stress of "trying to shoot fast" I also tend to shoot low right when I jerk through the trigger.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Once I get the grip/trigger reduced to a comfortable/correct size for my hands, we will see.

I've been calling shots with irons for years.  

I'm pretty certain I've isolated the issue to the G2 grip with medium curved trigger not fitting my hand/fingers/grip.  With the stock configuration, I was really only contacting the front left edge/corner of the trigger, which caused me to push/pull the trigger down and to my right, resulting in a lot of 5 O'clock hits.  I can now reach the front of the trigger again and pull back nice and straight to the rear.  I will make it to the range next week after I've installed the Extreme Shooters grip in my match gun.