Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czcheckmate slide racker handle?

igolfat8

I am a right handed shooter and my slide racker handle is mounted on the left side but after 50-100 rounds the set screw loosens up. I drilled a small dimple on the top of the slide to allow the set screw more surface area to bite into but it still loosens.  I don’t want to lock tite it because I remove the handle often when cleaning the slide. Would mounting the handle on the right side make any difference or any other suggestions, short of removing it entirely?

Get the slide racker from Shooter's Connection.  They moved the set screw to the right side of the racker and angled it.  Put the racker all the way through and tighten down the set screw.  I have yet to have mine come loose.  The are $19.99 if you have the Benos discount setup.

1 hour ago, aandabooks said:

Get the slide racker from Shooter's Connection.  They moved the set screw to the right side of the racker and angled it.  Put the racker all the way through and tighten down the set screw.  I have yet to have mine come loose.  The are $19.99 if you have the Benos discount setup.

Thx, just ordered one.

I also got the Shooters Connection Sidewinder and it works great, but it did always come loose as well. Simple fix is I drilled a dimple in the slide (which you have already done), and use blue locktite. Blue locktite is not like red, you can still loosen the bolt, it is just really stiff and stays in place. It works great though.