Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving from shooting Limited&Prod to Lim&SS

Wiseguy724

I wanted to take a break from limited to get back to the fundamentals, so I started shooting production with a CZ shadow 2 in November. I picked up a 2011 for when I eventually get back to limited later in the year.I had a new idea though and wanted to get some opinions:

To make switching between classes easier and my dry fire training more meaningful, I thought about using single stack as my low cap "training" division when that mood strikes me. I figured that indexing/reloading/etc between a SS and a 2011 would be closer than going from CZ to a 2011.

So my idea was to go with a .40 SS gun. I could run major, or run the 10 rd Tripp mags and go .40 minor for steel matches or clubs where I feel that minor is the way to go. I already have developed good major and minor loads, plus this has the added benefit of consolidating brass and projectiles.

Thoughts?

Edited by Wiseguy724

.40 SS really shines in (2) areas.

Same load as your limited gun.

Slide forward reloads go in like butter (because of the un-used space in mags) 

*word of warning, slide LOCK reloads require a little finesse. If your too hasty, you'll see a death-jam from H#ll. This applies to using 40/10mm &/or .45acp mags

While we try NOT to go to slide lock.. stage designers are not always considerate of shinny guns. 

YMMV

My only concern is seating 10rd 40 mags. Some people seem to have no trouble with the Tripp mags, others say they need to clip a coil or they hardly seat. Or they get nosedives. I guess its one of those things that have to be sorted out individually. Obviously its nice to go with 9 for minor but it seems like having one gun for both outweighs the potential mag issue.