Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carbide die set for Dillon 750

jschroep

Does another company make carbide dies for 9mm that will work in a 750? I just called Dillon and they said they won't have dies in for 9mm til July sometime.

Also wouldn't mind getting 223 dies as well. Anyone have a good set they recommend that isn't Dillon? They said those will be 4 weeks from today. I ordered the press like 2 weeks ago and got it pretty quick. 

I'm honestly kinda frustrated there was no communication with me that the wait would be so long for them. 

Edited by jschroep

All the Lee, Hornady, RCBS, Redding should work. 

I’ve used all of those accept RCBS on the 650 head plate, which I believe is the same as the 750. 

The Lee 223 works just fine. Even their cheap trimmer for the case length does the job.

Does another company make carbide dies for 9mm that will work in a 750? I just called Dillon and they said they won't have dies in for 9mm til July sometime.

Also wouldn't mind getting 223 dies as well. Anyone have a good set they recommend that isn't Dillon? They said those will be 4 weeks from today. I ordered the press like 2 weeks ago and got it pretty quick. 

I'm honestly kinda frustrated there was no communication with me that the wait would be so long for them. 
I used Lee dies on my 1050 and 650. They work great and are affordable. Get the deluxe die kit with the factory crimp die included

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I very much prefer Dillon dies to all others but almost any die set will work (Lee, RCBS, Hornady etc.). Lee dies work well (the FCD is useless in my opinion) but you may have to put the locking rings underneath the tool head for them to reach.